Vegan Thai green curry is a super easy dinner recipe! Tofu and vegetables smothered in a creamy and flavorful coconut milk green curry sauce. Serve with rice for an authentic Thai meal!
Looking for an easy plant-based dinner recipe?
Look no further!
Vegan green curry is here to save your day. This recipe can be put together in less than 30 minutes and it tastes great day after day (helloooo leftovers!) I love easy and healthy dinners that can be enjoyed throughout the week.
Ingredients in Vegan Thai Curry
Vegetables used are red bell pepper, onions, carrots, and broccoli. Feel free to use any combination you’d like!
Lastly, we got tofu as a protein.
Top with some chopped cilantro, peanuts, and fresh lime juice!
How to make vegan Thai green curry
- Sautee vegetables until vibrant (don’t overcook) and add garlic, ginger, and green curry paste.
- Next, add coconut milk and let simmer.
- Stir in coconut sugar and liquid aminos. Adjust seasonings to taste.
What is green curry paste made of?
Green curry paste is a combination of green chilis, ginger, and Thai spices. You can make your own paste or buy it in the grocery store in the Asian foods section or online. I personally love Thai Kitchen brand!
Why is Thai Green Curry Green?
The difference between red curry and green curry paste is the chilis used. Red curry uses dried red chilis whereas green curry uses green chilis. The flavors differ but both taste amazing!
What to serve with Thai green curry?
- Brown rice (my preference)
- White rice
- Jasmine rice (most authentic option)
- Noodles (soba, rice, or vermicelli would all be great!)
Is Thai Green Curry Healthy?
Vegan Thai green curry with tofu and vegetables is a healthy and wholesome meal. Loaded with veggies, tofu, and a coconut milk based sauce. This recipe is naturally gluten-free and made with simple ingredients. It’s an easy and healthy dinner!
How to store Thai Green Curry
Vegan green curry is great for an easy weeknight meal or great for meal prepping. The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Simple cook a big batch of rice and store separately to have a no-fuss meal ready in no time.
If you tried this vegan Thai green curry recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Thai Green Curry
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 carrot peeled, sliced and cut into half moons
- 1 bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 onion coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon liquid aminos can substitute with soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar can substitute with brown sugar or cane sugar
- cilantro chopped
- peanuts chopped
- lime wedges
- rice brown, white, Jasmine
- Press Tofu: Drain the block of tofu and wrap in paper towels or tea towel. Press for 10-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil and add carrots. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, tofu, ginger, garlic, and green curry. Sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- Pour in can of coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Let cook about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in coconut sugar and liquid aminos. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve warm with rice. Top with cilantro, chopped peanuts, and lime wedges.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!