Creamy dairy-free ice cream made with fresh strawberries and bananas. Best of all, it only requires four ingredients and a food processor. Vegan strawberry banana ice cream is the perfect easy plant-based dessert!
Ice cream is one of those foods that can be made healthy yet taste just as good as the real deal.
Do you agree?
In this strawberry banana ice cream recipe, we use cold coconut milk instead of heavy cream and a food processor instead of a fancy ice cream maker.
Sound too good to be true? Well, I’m here to tell you it’s not!
Vegan ice cream aka nice cream is a dairy-free recipe that uses frozen bananas and coconut milk as a base. From there, you can get creative with the mix-ins and toppings such as chocolate chips and walnuts to make chunky monkey, or chocolate chunks, graham crackers, and marshmallows to make a s’mores flavor.
Ingredients for vegan strawberry banana ice cream
As mentioned, frozen banana and coconut milk is the base. Next, agave and strawberries are added to make this strawberry banana flavor.
Let’s talk about coconut milk! I always buy the full-fat kind and I’ll keep a can or two in the fridge at all times.
When coconut milk sits in the fridge, the cream separates from the liquid, leaving a nice solid substance on the top.
I scoop out the solid (shown above) and use that to make nice cream.
You can always save the liquid for smoothies!
My favorite coconut milk brands:
- Thai Kitchen brand
- Trader Joe’s brand
- Whole Foods 365 brand
How to make vegan strawberry banana ice cream
Add frozen bananas, coconut milk, strawberries, and agave into a food processor.
Blend until the mixture is super smooth. Transfer to a container such as a loaf pan and freeze until solid (about 1-4 hours)
Ways to customize this nice cream recipe
- Add chocolate chunks after processing and before freezing
- Mix in chopped nuts or coconut shreds
- Substitute half of the strawberries with another berry (such as blueberries, raspberries, or combo)
- Add peaches (fresh or frozen) to the recipe
Vegan nice cream is the perfect easy and healthy recipe. It’s a great substitute for traditional ice cream and can be made without an ice cream maker!
Put your fresh strawberries to use this season and make some vegan ice cream!
If you tried this vegan strawberry banana ice cream, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Strawberry Banana Ice CreamPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries green part removed. can use fresh or frozen
- The day before: place can of coconut milk in fridge and banana slices in the freezer.
- Remove can of coconut milk from fridge and open. Scoop out solid coconut milk from the top and put in a food processor or blender.
- Add frozen bananas, agave, and strawberries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, spoon into a container such as a loaf pan.
- Serve right away for a soft serve ice cream consistency. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours for a hard ice cream consistency.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!