Vegan chili loaded with beans, veggies, and a touch of Sriracha for heat. This vegan chili recipe only requires one pot and is so easy to make!
This post was updated in October 2019. More tips were added and the recipe was adjusted.
Let’s talk about why chili tastes so good shall we?
Chili is one of those foods where omitting meat doesn’t sacrifice the flavor. It’s a hearty stew that is loaded with beans and veggies.
This vegan Sriracha chili recipe is perfect for the Fall and Winter because you can just throw all the ingredients in there and have dinner in no time. When my daylight is shorter, this is a priority people!
This vegan chili recipe is extra special because it uses one of the most loved and versatile condiment in my household, Sriracha. The combination of chili spices and this sauce is pure magic and it is definitely a crowd-pleaser. It’s vegan, healthy, hearty, and so so flavorful. Pair it with some cornbread and you got yourself a wholesome and delicious dinner.
Ingredients for vegan chili recipe
- Olive oil
- Red pepper
- Chili powder
- Black beans
- White beans
- Kidney beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
How to make vegan chili
Soups and stews are all about adding the right ingredients at the right times to create the perfect flavor profile.
- Start by sauteeing the veggies until soft and translucent
- Add seasonings and stir
- Pour in the beans, tomatoes, and stock and bring to a simmer
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed
Can I freeze vegan chili?
Yes! Vegan chili is the perfect contender for a freezer meal. Pour chili into an airtight container or a freezer bag. If you choose a freezer bag, ensure all the air is squeezed out and you freeze the chili laying flat.
What to serve with chili
If you tried this vegan chili recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Sriracha ChiliPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1 14-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions and peppers and stir well. Cook until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add Sriracha, beans, tomatoes, corn, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and give a good stir. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and extra Sriracha (optional)
- Leftovers keep in the fridge for about a week.
- This meal can be frozen. Put chili in an airtight container or freezer bag. If using a freezer bag, remove air and freeze laying flat.
- Serving suggestions - cornbread, coleslaw, green salad, or sweet potato fries.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links that do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!