Vegan chili loaded with beans, veggies, and a touch of Sriracha for heat. This easy vegan chili recipe only requires one pot and is so easy to make!
This post was originally published in February 2016. Photos, blog post, and recipe have been updated.
Let’s talk about why chili tastes so good, shall we?
Chili is one of those foods where omitting meat doesn’t sacrifice the flavor. It’s a hearty stew that is loaded with beans and veggies.
This vegan chili recipe with Sriracha is perfect for the Fall and Winter because you can just throw all the ingredients in there and have dinner in no time. When my daylight is shorter, this is a priority people!
This vegan chili recipe is extra special because it uses one of the most loved and versatile condiment in my household, Sriracha. The combination of chili spices and this sauce is pure magic and it is definitely a crowd-pleaser. It’s vegan, healthy, hearty, and so so flavorful. Pair it with some cornbread and you got yourself a wholesome and delicious dinner.
Ingredients for easy vegan chili
- Olive oil
- Red pepper
- Chili powder
- Black beans
- White beans
- Kidney beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Vegetable broth
- Salt and Pepper
How to make vegan chili
Soups and stews are all about adding the right ingredients at the right times to create the perfect flavor profile.
- Start by sauteeing the onion and pepper with some olive oil until soft and translucent
- Add seasonings and stir (fig. 2)
- Pour in the beans, tomatoes, and stock and bring to a simmer (fig. 4)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed
Storing and Freezing Instructions
How long does vegan chili last in the fridge?
Chili will keep good in the fridge for about 4 days.
Can I freeze vegan chili?
Yes! Vegan chili is the perfect contender for a freezer meal. Pour chili into an airtight container or a freezer bag. If you choose a freezer bag, ensure all the air is squeezed out and you freeze the chili laying flat.
How to reheat frozen chili?
Place the frozen chili in the fridge to defrost overnight. If you forget to do this (it happens to the best of us) soak the bag of chili or container in some warm water then transfer the chili to a pot to reheat.
What to serve with vegan chili
This one-pot meal is so easy to make and healthy! It’s the perfect vegetarian weeknight meal and the leftovers taste even better. Pair with a side of cornbread or a green salad for the best meal!
If you tried this vegan chili recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Easy Vegan Chili with SrirachaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1+1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 14-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- green onions
- dairy-free sour cream
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions and peppers and stir well. Cook until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and Sriracha. Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir, taste, and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro, green onions, and dairy-free chili!
- Leftovers keep in the fridge for 3-5 days
- This meal can be frozen. Put chili in an airtight container or freezer bag. If using a freezer bag, remove air and freeze laying flat.
- Serving suggestions - cornbread, coleslaw, green salad, or sweet potato fries.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links that do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!