This rich and creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip is just begging to be scooped with crunchy veggies, slices of bread, or your favorite chips. It’s the perfect plant-based appetizer or snack to share, and is ready to enjoy warm in just 30 minutes!
Spinach and artichoke dip is one of those classic appetizers you can find on nearly every menu at casual American eateries across the country. It’s a comforting dish that’s right up there with buffalo wings and potato skins. Bubbling hot creamy cheesy goodness is combined with tangy, tender artichoke hearts and spinach for a starter that you don’t want to stop eating by the scoopful.
This vegan spinach artichoke dip is even better than what you’d find at typical restaurants…not only is it a dairy-free recipe, it’s a plant-based version that features lots of flavorful seasonings. You’ll be amazed that it has the same rich texture and delicious taste you know and love, but is made with only wholesome and simple ingredients.
There are less than a dozen ingredients needed to make this delicious, dairy-free dip:
- Raw cashews – soaked in room temperature water for 4 hours, or quick-soaked for 15 minutes in boiling water
- Nutritional yeast – I like Bob’s Red Mill
- Seasonings – garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- Vegan Worcestershire – I prefer Annie’s
- Plain unsweetened almond milk
- Frozen spinach – thawed
- Artichoke hearts – in brine
How to Make The Best Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
From prep to fully baked this fabulous recipe only takes 30 minutes to make. Whip it up right before guests arrive or while you’re getting ready to leave the house as a perfect appetizer or snack to share.
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then to a blender add the soaked cashews, along with the nutritional yeast, spices, vegan Worcestershire sauce, lemon, and almond milk.
- Blend until into a smooth sauce. Thaw the spinach per package instructions, and strain the water out using a colander and the back of a spoon.
- Add the strained spinach and half of the chopped artichoke hearts to the blender.
- Pulse a few times until the spinach and artichokes are finely chopped, but not totally blended.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and mix in the remaining chopped artichoke hearts.
- Bake the dip for about 20 minutes, until golden around the outside. Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before serving with your favorite dippers.
What to Serve With Vegan Artichoke Spinach Dip
This creamy and rich dip is perfect to serve with crunchy fresh-cut veggies, like celery and carrot sticks or slices of bell pepper. It’s also delicious with pieces of lightly toasted baguette, crispy tortilla chips, or pita chips.
Or be super awesome and serve spinach artichoke dip to your friends with all of the above.
How to Store Leftovers
I personally prefer this dip right out of the oven, and rarely have any leftovers to save. It just tastes the best when fresh and hot! Should you find yourself with a bit extra, however, you can keep cooled spinach artichoke dip in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend that you freeze this dish. The spinach will just get too mushy, and almond milk does not freeze and reheat very well.
If you tried this vegan spinach artichoke dip recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1.5 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce I like Annie's brand
- 1.5 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach
- 1 14.5-ounce can artichoke hearts in brine
- 8×8" baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak Cashews: You can either soak cashews in water for 4 hours or do the quick method. boil water and pour it over cashews in a mason jar or glass. Let sit uncovered 10-20 minutes.
- Place soaked cashews in a blender. Add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, vegan Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Thaw spinach following package instructions. Place thawed spinach in a colander and squeeze out excess liquid by pressing spinach with the back of a spoon.
- Place spinach and half of the artichokes in the blender. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to 8×8" baking dish.
- Chop the remaining half of the artichoke hearts and place them in the baking dish. Mix well.
- Bake dip for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm with veggies, toasted bread slices, or tortilla chips!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!