Spice up your morning routine with these savory and delicious vegan soyrizo breakfast bowls. Fluffy and tender scrambled tofu is combined with spicy meat-free soy chorizo, then loaded into bowls and topped with a homemade pico de gallo and your favorite goodies. It’s a hearty and healthy vegan breakfast recipe that’s ready in less than 30 minutes, and can even be prepped ahead.
These vegan soyrizo breakfast bowls areyou want in a breakfast recipe. Quick and easy to make, healthy and hearty, and brimming with bold, eye-opening flavors.
Each bowl is filled with savory, spicy soy chorizo sausage and fluffy tofu eggs, and loaded with fresh pico de gallo plus all kinds of tasty toppings. They are ready in under 30 minutes – and many ingredients can be prepped ahead of time for an even easier recipe.
Give these bountiful vegan breakfast bowls with soyrizo a try for breakfast, brunch, or a fun brinner (that’s breakfast for dinner, if you’re not in the know).
Ingredients For VEGAN BREAKFAST BOWLS WITH SOYRIZO
For the base of these plant-based bowls you need one batch of tofu scramble and one package of soyrizo (I like Trader Joe’s brand).
To make the vibrant pico de gallo you need:
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onion
Plus any toppings you want to add – keep reading for some yummy suggestions!
How to Make Pico De Gallo From Scratch
You are going to love how easy it is to prepare homemade pico de gallo. I keep a batch in the fridge at almost all times because you just never know when you’ll need a crunchy, cold and flavorful chunky salsa.
Here are the 3 easy steps to make a fresh picdo de gallo:
- Prep the veggies: quarter the grape tomatoes, peel and finely dice the red onion, and finely chop the cilantro.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and salt to a small bowl.
- Stir to combine. Either use right away or cover and place in the fridge to chill.
How to Make And Assemble Vegan Soyrizo Breakfast Bowls
In a large skillet prepare the homemade tofu scramble per the linked recipe. Then add the soyrizo to the pan. Stir as you cook the vegan chorizo and mix with the tofu eggs.
The soyrizo scramble should be mixed and warm after about 5 minutes of cooking. Once done, remove the pan from the heat.
To assemble the breakfast bowls, first scoop a serving of the soyrizo with tofu scramble into a bowl. Add some homemade pico de gallo, and top with your favorite southwestern vegan goodies.
Suggested Toppings for Vegan Soyrizo Breakfast Bowls
Here are just a few suggestions for various toppings you can add to vegan soyrizo breakfast bowls:
- Salsa – store bought or homemade
- Avocado – thinly sliced
- Jalapeno – seeded (for less heat) and thinly sliced
- Cilantro – chopped
- Lime wedges
Storage and Reheating Tips
Leftovers will keep well in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. However, I do recommend that you store the vegan tofu scramble with soyrizo separately from the pico de gallo and other toppings.
The pico de gallo itself will also stay good for 4-5 days in the fridge. But note that the chopped cilantro will wilt a bit as it sits.
This recipe is great to make ahead and include in your weekly breakfast meal prep routine. Prepare the pico de gallo and soyrizo tofu scramble per the recipe. Store the pico de gallo in the fridge. Chop all of your produce goodies and store in a separate sealed container in the fridge. Let the scramble cool before storing in an airtight container and putting in the fridge as well.
When ready to eat, reheat the soyrizo scramble in the microwave until just warmed. Add to a bowl with toppings and enjoy!
If you tried this vegan soyrizo breakfast bowls recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m cooking up!
Vegan Soyrizo Breakfast Bowls
Pico de Gallo:
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced (about 1/4 red onion)
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch tofu scramble
- 1 12-ounce package soyrizo I like Trader Joe's brand
- avocado sliced
- jalapeno thinly sliced
- lime wedges
To Make Pico de Gallo:
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and salt. Set aside.
To Make Soyrizo + Tofu Scramble:
- In a large pan, make tofu scramble according to recipe (see notes for recipe link).
- In the same pan, add soyrizo. Mix well and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Put soyrizo/tofu scramble mixture in bowls. Top with pico de gallo, avocado, salsa, jalapeno slices, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Make tofu scramble following this recipe
- Store soyrizo leftovers in a separate container than the pico do gallo. Leftovers keep for about 3-5 days.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!