S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches are great to enjoy a taste of summer anytime you’re craving that perfect combo of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. Bring the outdoors inside and make these creamy, crunchy, and terrifically cold vegan ice cream sammies for a fun twist on your fave classic camping dessert. This easy ice cream sandwich recipe will have you saying s’more, please!
No campfire? No problem.
These vegan s’mores ice cream sandwiches give you all of that woodsy dessert goodness you love without ever having to leave the house. Plus, they’re wonderfully cold so you actually want to eat them during the warm summer months.
AND there are only 3 ingredients in this ridiculously quick and easy vegan s’mores ice cream sandwich recipe! Thick and creamy dairy-free ice cream is loaded with chocolate chunks and sandwiched between graham crackers. Every bite is the perfect combination of sweet, crunchy, cool and toasty.
Enjoy these beauties whenever you’re hankering for a taste of the great outdoors – no bug spray needed!
- Graham crackers – make sure to avoid brands that use honey to make this a vegan recipe
- Vegan vanilla ice cream – I like SO Delicious Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream, but feel free to use your fave
- Chocolate chunks – again, be sure to purchase dairy-free chocolate
How to Make Vegan S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
First, make the ice cream filling in 2 easy steps:
- Let the ice cream thaw slightly on the counter for about 10 minutes. Then scoop into a large bowl and add the chopped chocolate chunks.
Next, break the graham cracker sheets into half so you have 12 pieces. Line a baking sheet or dish with 6 of the pieces.
Then place a scoop of ice cream onto each piece. Top the ice cream scoops with the other half of the graham cracker pieces to make a sandwich.
Now place the tray in the freezer for at least 1 hour, until hardened.
This s’mores ice cream sandwich recipe is pretty classic. But there are all kinds of other goodies you can include! Here are just a few suggestions:
- Swap traditional graham crackers with GF graham crackers for gluten-free vegan ice cream sandwiches.
- Use chocolate graham crackers for extra chocolatey-ness.
- Get crazy with it and try whatever flavor of ice cream you like. Chocolate, mint chip, strawberry or strawberry banana, coffee – or whatever your favorite flavor is! Make this a SUPER DUPER s’mores recipe by filling the ice cream sandwiches with homemade vegan s’mores ice cream!
- Substitute (or add to) the chocolate chunks with mini chocolate chips, pretzel crumbles, cacao nibs, or other tasty plant-based add-ins.
- Feel free to make these non-vegan vegetarian s’mores ice cream sandwiches… You can use honey graham crackers and dairy ice cream if you prefer.
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches Storage Suggestions
If you plan to keep these in the freezer for more than a day, I recommend that you wrap individual ice cream sandwiches in plastic wrap. They’ll stay fresh for at least a week or two this way.
However, for even longer storage, you’ll need to wrap them up a bit more. You can add a layer of aluminum foil around the plastic-wrapped sandwiches, or store the wrapped ice cream sandwiches together in a freezer bag. This way they will keep well for up to 3 months.
If you tried this vegan s’mores ice cream sandwiches recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up.
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 6 full sheet graham crackers
- 1 pint vegan vanilla ice cream I like So Delicious soy milk ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks chopped
- 8×8 baking dish
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and let thaw for about 10 minutes until it's easy to scoop.
- Scoop ice cream into a mixing bowl and add chopped chocolate chunks. Mix well.
- Break sheets of graham crackers in half so you have two squares. Place 6 squares in a baking dish. You can also use a baking sheet or plate.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a large scoop of ice cream on top of each graham cracker. You should have enough for all 6 sandwiches.
- Top each sandwich with a graham cracker square to make a sandwich. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour to allow ice cream to harden.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!