A creamy vegan ice cream base packed with marshmallows, graham crackers, and a rich chocolate sauce, this dairy-free ice cream recipe is sure to win hearts over.
My vegan chunky monkey ice cream recipe has been one of my most popular posts this Summer, so I’m giving the people what they want…
Delicious and super easy vegan ice cream recipes.
Did I mention it’s no churn too? Yupp. No crazy kitchen appliance required!
What gives this vegan ice cream a velvety, creamy texture are two key ingredients – frozen bananas and coconut cream. Vegan banana ice cream, also known as nice cream is a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream.
How to make vegan chocolate fudge
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa powder together.
- Continuously whisk on low heat for about 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. The sauce should be thick and pourable.
I used this vegan chocolate fudge recipe to swirl into the ice cream. Pressed on time? Just skip this step and use dark chocolate chips instead!
Both the bananas and coconut milk need some prep work before making the recipe:
- Slice bananas and let freeze overnight
- Place can of coconut milk in the fridge to separate the cream from the liquid
These steps are crucial and cannot be skipped!
How to make no churn vegan ice cream
The BEST part about this recipe is no ice cream maker is required! You can get a delicious homemade vegan ice cream without buying another fancy kitchen appliance which is thumbs up in my book!
Spread ice cream into a loaf pan or Tupperware container and stir in crushed graham crackers and marshmallows. Next, stir in chocolate sauce and lightly swirl.
Top with more crushed graham crackers and marshmallows (optional)
Note: Make sure not to over-swirl the chocolate sauce! If you do, the ice cream will turn into a more chocolate base, which isn’t a BAD thing, but I prefer a little fudgy swirl.
Ice cream can be eaten right away for a more soft serve texture or placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours to harden.
Couple things to note:
- Not all marshmallows are vegan! I like Dandie’s Vegan and Gluten-Free Marshmallows
- If you want a GF ice cream recipe, use gluten-free graham crackers
Serve in ice cream cones or in a dish with extra chocolate sauce. Either way, you’ll love the taste of this campfire treat in a vegan ice cream!
If you tried this vegan s’mores ice cream, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE:
Vegan S'mores Ice Cream (No Churn!)
Chocolate Sauce (can substitute with 1/2 cup chocolate chips if preferred):
- 3/4 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk liquid from refrigerated can (see notes)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or more to taste (can substitute with honey or agave)
- 1.5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 4 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 13-ounce can full-fat coconut milk in fridge overnight
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup can substitute with honey or agave
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows plus more for topping (ensure brand is vegan)
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crushed (about 4 full sheets) plus more for topping
- The night before, slice bananas and place in freezer bag and put in the freezer. Put the can of coconut milk in the fridge.
To Make Chocolate Sauce:
- Remove can of coconut milk from the fridge. Open and scoop out the cream in small bowl. Place in the fridge (this will be for the ice cream base). Measure out 1/4 cup of the coconut milk liquid and place in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Whisk together to combine. Continuously whisk for about 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt. Pour into a small bowl to cool completely.
To Make Ice Cream:
- Add coconut cream, frozen bananas, and maple syrup into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, scoop ice cream into loaf pan.
- Add mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. Stir to combine.
- Once chocolate sauce is cooled, spoon some on the top and lightly swirl with a butter knife.
- Top with more crushed graham crackers and marshmallows. Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to harden.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let thaw for 20 minutes before scooping. Serve with extra chocolate sauce or in ice cream cones.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!