Creamy vegan potato salad seasoned with fresh rosemary and thyme is the perfect side dish recipe! So simple to make and is the perfect dish for any BBQ, potluck, or meal.
This recipe is from my friend Caitlin’s cookbook Simply Delicious Vegan. Caitlin has her own blog over at From My Bowl and I’m so excited about this cookbook! It’s packed with so many delicious recipes (including this one). Each recipe requires simple ingredients and is easy to make – my kinda recipes!
Ingredients for vegan potato salad
- Small gold or red potatoes
- Vegan mayo (there’s a recipe for homemade cashew mayo in the cookbook, I used Vegenaise)
- Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
How to make vegan potato salad
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters (depending on the size you’d like your potatoes)
- Add to a pot and cover the potatoes with water. Add a generous amount of salt and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and allow the potatoes to simmer for 7-8 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cool water
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Once mixed, add chopped celery and potatoes and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to chill but I think it’s best for at least a few hours. The flavors really get to come through when potato salad chills!
What to eat with vegan potato salad
Any type of sandwich pairs great with potato salad! Here are some plant-based suggestions:
How long does potato salad last
Vegan potato salad will keep in the fridge for about 5 days. Store in an airtight container to ensure freshness.
This recipe and more can be found in Caitlin’s amazing cookbook, Simply Delicious Vegan! If you like simple vegan recipes, this cookbook is for you, my friend!
If you tried this vegan potato salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Rosemary Potato Salad
For the Potato Salad:
- 2 lbs small gold or red potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ribs celery finely diced (heaping 1/4 cup)
For the Rosemary Dressing:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- Place cut potatoes in a large pot and fill with water until the potatoes are covered by water by at least an inch. Add the salt, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Once potatoes are boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking further.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the rosemary dressing. Combined all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add celery and cooked potatoes. Fold them into the dressing until evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes (although I recommend a few hours) to allow the flavors to combine before serving. Serve chilled. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 5 days.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!