Pumpkin puree and warm aromatic spices are blended together and mixed with crushed graham crackers and pecans to make a vegan pumpkin ice cream that is truly out of this world. Best of all, no fancy ice cream maker required!
Who says ice cream isn’t for Fall? Because I really think ice cream is a dessert that exists all year round.
Vegan ice cream aka nice cream is a dessert staple in my house.
This vegan pumpkin ice cream recipe is one of my favorite desserts and I’ll tell you why:
- Easy to make
- Only requires a handful of ingredients (8 to be exact!)
- Refined sugar-free
- Quick to make
- Packed with pumpkin spice flavors!
Ingredients for vegan pumpkin ice cream
The base is made from canned coconut milk and frozen bananas. From there we add pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and pecans and we have ourselves a loaded ice cream, friends!
How to make vegan pumpkin ice cream
There’s a little bit of prep work before making this ice cream recipe. Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge. This separates the cream from the liquid and we only want the solid cream for this recipe.
Tip: Save the liquid from the can of coconut milk for a smoothie!
You’ll also want to put banana slices in the freezer.
Tip: When I have bananas going bad, I slice ’em up and put them in the freezer for either nice cream or smoothies!
Okay, now that we got the “prep” work out of the way, let’s get into how to make some nice cream!
- Place solid coconut milk, bananas, pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices into a food processor. Blend until completely smooth
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer to a container (a loaf pan works great) and add graham crackers and pecans; reserving some for the top.
- Mix the ice cream well and top with remaining graham crackers and pecans.
- Place in the freezer to set (about 3 hours)
How to serve nice cream
Like traditional ice cream, nice cream is hard when taken out of the freezer. It takes longer to thaw since the fat content is lower! Let sit for 10-15 minutes until scoopable.
Eat it in a cone, a bowl, or right from the container – it’s your prerogative!
This pumpkin ice cream is full of Fall flavors and makes the BEST quick and easy dessert! It’s great for a healthy sweet treat on hand and something everyone will enjoy. That is if they enjoy pumpkin. If not, there is something wrong with them!
If you tried this vegan pumpkin ice cream, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Pumpkin Ice CreamPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup can substitute with agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans divided
- 1/2 cup crushed cinnamon graham crackers about two full graham crackers; divided
- The day before: place can of coconut milk in fridge and banana slices in the freezer.
- Remove can of coconut milk from fridge and open. Scoop out solid coconut milk from the top and put in a food processor or blender.
- Add frozen bananas, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and spices.
- Blend until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, spoon into a container such as a loaf pan. Mix in pecans and crushed graham crackers, reserving some for the top.
- Top with remaining pecans and graham crackers. Place in the freezer to harden (about 3 hours). To serve, remove from freezer and let thaw 10-15 minutes until it's scoopable!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!