Peanut butter muffins swirled with jam are the PERFECT breakfast or snack on the go. These vegan peanut butter and jelly muffins only require 9 ingredients and one bowl!
It’s peanut butter jelly time… in muffin form that is!
I introduced to you the classic duo of peanut butter and jelly baked in a muffin.
These vegan muffins have a rich, yummy peanut butter base and are topped with a swirl of sweet jelly. The PB and J besties are baked to perfection in under 20 minutes! Bonus: Your kitchen is going to smell ah-may-zing.
This peanut butter and jelly muffin recipe is perfect for a breakfast or snack on the go. Kids and adults will LOVE them alike, and they are so easy to make!
- Flax egg
- Chunky or creamy peanut butter
- Oat milk
- Coconut oil
- Cane sugar
- Baking powder
- Jelly or jam
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
There are very few food combinations that can compete with peanut butter and jelly. They just taste so great together and this muffin recipe takes this whole flavor duo to the next level.
Follow these easy steps to make perfectly sweet, tender, and totally addictive PB and J muffins from scratch:
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahreneheit. Grease a muffin pan or line with parchment cups. Then make a flax egg by mixing the flax seeds and water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, oat milk, and melted coconut oil. Whisk well. Add the flax egg and gently whisk again. Then add the dry ingredients to the bowl: flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until just combined… A few flour streaks are fine, and you want to be sure to not over mix the batter.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Tip: Use an ice cream scoop for easy filling! Once the cups are 3/4 filled, add a teaspoon of jelly to the top of each muffin. Take a toothpick or other small pointy object, and carefully swirl the jelly into the peanut butter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until fluffy and lightly golden. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into a muffin – it should come out clean.
Let the PB and J muffins cool for a minute in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool some more before serving.
- Use whatever flavor jam or jelly you like: Strawberry, grape, raspberry, apricot… Whatever jam is your jam!
- Speaking of jelly options, you can include a low sugar jam if you are watching your sugar intake. Feel free to swap the cane sugar with coconut sugar or other sugar alternative. However, be aware that using different sweeteners will change the muffin taste.
- I use oat milk in my peanut butter and jelly muffins, but feel free to use whatever plant-based milk you prefer. Almond and soy are other great options!
- Substitute all-purpose flour with a GF blend to make this muffin recipe gluten-free.
- Swap peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
Let’s welcome fall and back to school with open arms and eat all the peanut butter and jelly muffins, shall we?!
Enjoy peanut butter and jelly muffins warm and freshly baked with a cold glass of your fave plant milk, or a hot cup of coffee or tea. They are delicious for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert!
Keep leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
They also freeze really well! Store the cooled muffins in an airtight zipper bag for up to 2 months in the freezer. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before eating cold or reheating.
I suggest that you reheat PB and J muffins in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. Or you can pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds to get nice and warm again.
If you tried this vegan peanut butter and jelly muffin recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 Tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup chunky or creamy organic peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1.5 cup oat milk can substitute with any plant based milk
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons jelly or jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Make flax "egg": Mix flaxseed and water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter, oat milk, and coconut oil. Then whisk in the flax egg.
- In the same mixing bowl, add flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until just combined (some flour streaks are okay)
- Scoop muffin batter into greased/lined cupcake tin almost to the top. (I like using an ice cream scoop for this step!)
- Add 1 teaspoon jelly on top of the batter. Use a toothpick, swirl jelly into the muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Check doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!