Peanut butter muffins filled with jam are the PERFECT breakfast or snack on the go. These vegan peanut butter and jelly muffins only require 8 ingredients and are everything you want in a recipe!
It’s peanut butter jelly time… in muffin form that is!
I introduced to you the classic duo of peanut butter and jelly baked in a muffin.
This vegan muffin recipe is a peanut butter base, with extra peanut butter and jelly swirled in and they baked to perfection.
Let’s welcome fall and back to school with open arms and eat all the peanut butter and jelly muffins, shall we?!
Ingredients in peanut butter jelly muffins
Well besides the obvious, peanut butter and jelly, we have some other essentials:
- Flax egg
- Almond milk
- Coconut oil
How to make peanut butter and jelly muffins
- Start with whisking together the dry ingredients
- Fold in the wet
- Pour batter into a jumbo muffin tin or for smaller muffins, a regular muffin tin
- Swirl in peanut butter and jam
- Bake for 15 minutes; switching oven temperatures in between that.
Why switch oven temperatures when baking muffins?
This helps make a muffin rise without burning them. These muffins don’t get too much height because the peanut butter and jam are heavy ingredients, but they don’t sacrifice in flavor!
This peanut butter and jelly muffin recipe is perfect for a breakfast or snack on the go. Kids and adults will LOVE them alike, and they are so easy to make!
Ways to make these peanut butter and jelly muffins healthy
- Substitute all-purpose flour with a GF blend to make this recipe gluten-free
- Use almond butter, cashew butter, or sun butter in place of peanut butter
- Find a low sugar jam if you are watching your sugar intake
There are very few food combinations that can compete with peanut butter and jelly. They just taste so great together and this muffin recipe takes this whole flavor duo to the next level.
If you tried this vegan peanut butter and jelly muffin recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 5 Tablespoons water)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup chunky or creamy organic peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 4 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (can substitute with melted butter)
- 4 Tablespoons jelly or jam
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a nonstick muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Make flax egg: Mix ground flaxseed with water in small container and place in the fridge to set.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cane sugar.
- In a small mixing bowl, add almond milk, peanut butter, and melted coconut oil.
- Remove flax egg from the fridge. It should be an "egg-like" gelatinous consistency. Add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and fold with a rubber spatula. Make sure to not over mix in this step. Seeing some lumps and flour is okay! The batter should be thick and scoopable, not pourable.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins until two-thirds of the way full.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon jelly on top of batter.
- Spoon additional batter on top until jelly is covered.
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of peanut butter and jelly to top and mix with a toothpick.
- Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
- Bring temperature down to 400 and bake for an additional 15 minutes. You can tell when they are done baking by sticking a toothpick in the center of a muffin and it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully take muffins out of the tin and put on a cooling rack to dry.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!