Delicious vegan lasagna roll ups are a healthy and fun dinner recipe that everyone will love! They are filled with a simple, super tasty homemade vegan cashew and tofu-based ricotta “cheese,” and topped with a vegan parmesan crumble that’s terrifically easy to make from scratch.
There are a lot of homemade lasagna recipes out there, but let me tell you – this one is the best.
My lighter vegan version of classic lasagna is just as comforting and delicious as the original, but is totally plant-based. It still has the same warm, melted gooey yumminess you know and love from a rustic baked lasagna, just with a simple cashew and tofu “cheese” sauce that you won’t believe is dairy-free!
Not only is this a healthy and satisfying dinner, making traditional lasagna as a fun roll ups dish looks way prettier on a plate and is easier to portion and serve.
Ingredients for this Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
I make this recipe super easy by using boxed noodles and jarred marinara sauce.
The roll ups are stuffed with a homemade vegan ricotta that’s quickly whipped-up in a blender. To make it you’ll need:
- Raw cashews
- Firm tofu
- Nutritional yeast
- Lemon juice
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder
Note that you’ll need to soak the cashews for four hours in room temperature water, or 30 minutes in boiling water, prior to using to make dairy-free ricotta cheese.
Vegan lasagna roll ups are topped with fresh basil and a vegan parmesan, made with:
- Nutritional yeast
How to Make Vegan Parmesan
Simply combine all of the ingredients listed in a food processor, and pulse into a coarse crumb.
Make a batch of easy vegan parmesan not-cheese anytime, and keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
How to Make Easy Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups
Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Boil the noodles according to the package instructions. Once done, drain the noodles and lay them out on the baking sheet to keep them from sticking together.
While the noodles are cooking you can make the vegan cheese lasagna filling by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blending until smooth and creamy.
Spoon the filling evenly across all of the lasagna noodles one-by-one, leaving a bit of room at the top and bottom of each noodle.
Starting at one end carefully roll the noodle into a bundle that’s slightly tight but not tight enough to make the cheese filling come out of the sides.
Coat the bottom of a casserole baking dish with half of the marinara sauce, and snuggle the roll ups side-by-side into the dish. Cover with the remaining sauce, and spread even.
Bake for about 30 minutes, then top with fresh basil and a generous sprinkle of homemade vegan parmesan.
Enjoy warm. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can You Freeze Vegan Lasagna?
Yes, you can! In fact, this is an excellent make-ahead vegan dinner meal.
Allow the rolls ups to cool completely before transferring to a freezer-safe dish. Cover tightly with foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat from frozen, bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F while still covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue baking an additional 10-15 minutes until hot.
How Do I Make these as Gluten-Free Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups?
Simply swap traditional noodles with boxed gluten-free lasagna noodles for an easy, equally tasty gf-friendly substitute.
What Should I Serve with Vegan Lasagna?
I love to enjoy this hearty main dish with a fresh green salad on the side.
Try making this fun roll ups recipe with a Vegan Salad with a “Cheesy” Dressing or a deliciously simple spinach and tomato salad.
And if you need some extra comfort food goodness in your life, be sure to include a basket of hot garlic bread made with vegan butter on the table!
If you tried this vegan lasagna roll-ups recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Here are more Vegan Dinner Recipes You’ll Love:
- Nut-Crusted Savory Breaded Tofu
- Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
- Easy Vegan Mushroom Meatballs with Tofu
- The Best Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe Ever
- Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Vegan Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 1 pound box lasagna noodles
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 4 hours and drained (see notes)
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh basil
- vegan parmesan (ingredients below)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1.5 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- nonstick baking sheet
- food processor or blender
- 9x13" casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain and place noodles on the cookie sheet to prevent sticking together.
- Put all the ingredients for filling in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Spread an even layer of filling on top of lasagna noodle, leaving about 1-inch space on both ends of the noodle. Carefully roll the noodle. Repeat until all noodles and filling is used up.
- Pour half the jar of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Use the back of a spoon to spread into an even layer.
- Nestle roll-ups seam side down on top of the sauce. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil and vegan parmesan! Recipe below:
- Add cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt to a food processor. Pulse until cashews are in coarse crumbles.