Almond cookies filled with raspberry jam topped with powdered sugar. These cookies are not only vegan and gluten-free, but so easy to make and only require 8 ingredients!
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own!
Thumbprint cookies are a classic recipe! Buttery almond cookies paired with jam is such a delicious flavor combo.
It’s hard to believe this recipe is vegan and gf! It’s one of my favorite cookie recipes on the blog to date and I hope you think so too!
Ingredients for vegan thumbprint cookies
How to make vegan thumbprint cookies
This cookie recipe is so easy because it only requires one bowl
- Simply add all the ingredients (minus the jam) to a mixing bowl and mix until fully incorporated. The texture will resemble wet sand.
- Place the bowl of dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill
Once the dough is chilled, use a cookie scoop to form balls.
Use a 1/4 teaspoon (or your thumb to make indents in the cookies. The dough will crack and this is expected. You can fix some larger cracks with your fingers if you would like.
Add 1/4 teaspoon of jam to the center then transfer the baking sheet to the freezer as you preheat the oven.
Top with powdered sugar if you’d like for an extra touch!
Note: Let these cookies completely cool before transferring to a cooling rack. They will crumble apart if you do not like them set!
Thumbprint cookies are perfect for all year round or make a delicious Christmas cookie. Thumbprints are a real crowd-pleaser and this recipe will cater to dietary restrictions!
Although this post is sponsored, Bob’s Red Mill almond flour is the best almond flour I’ve experimented with and gives these cookies a lovely texture.
Can I freeze thumbprint cookies?
Yes! Couple different methods here:
- Form cookie dough and insert thumbprints. Freeze on a baking sheet and then transfer to a freezer bag. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw until the dough is cold (not frozen), fill with the jam and bake.
- Freeze thumbprints after they have been baked. Let them thaw and serve or bake at 275 for 5-10 minutes so they are slightly warm. Add a new coating of powdered sugar if you would like.
If you tried this vegan thumbprint cookie recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan + Gluten-Free Thumbprint CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond and vanilla extracts, and salt.
- Place the bowl of dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- After the dough is chilled, use a cookie scoop to form balls. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Using a 1/4 teaspoon or thumb, make indentations in cookie dough.
- Fill each crevice with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Transfer cookies to the freezer and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bottoms look slightly golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet before touching! They will crumble apart if you don't allow them to set.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!