Layers of soyrizo, dairy-free queso and sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and a crispy tortilla shell all wrapped in a tortilla and toasted to perfection. I present to you the motherload of all vegan meals – a crunchwrap supreme!
The Crunchwrap Supreme is a copycat version of the infamous Taco Bell item.
If you are looking for some vegan comfort food – look no further!
This vegan crunchwrap recipe is the PERFECT solution. Not to mention, it’s so EASY to make!
They look complex, but can actually be made very quickly (hence why this concoction was invested at a fast food restaurant!)
Ingredients in a vegan crunchwrap
- Small corn tortillas
- Large flour tortillas (the ones used for burritos)
- Soyrizo (Trader Joe’s is my favorite brand for this!)
- Frozen corn
- Dairy-free queso (I like Siete brand)
- Dairy-free sour cream (Kite Hill makes a good one)
- Iceberg lettuce
Prepare the vegan “meat” filling
Start by sauteeing the frozen corn with a little bit of oil. Add the soyrizo and cook until heated through.
If you prefer to stray away from soy products, you can make a delicious vegan taco meat filling using lentils and walnuts!
How to Assemble a Vegan Crunchwrap
- Start by adding the vegan taco meat
- Add some dairy-free queso
- Top with some hot sauce (optional)
- Add a crispy tortilla
- Spread some vegan sour cream on top
- Top with lettuce and tomato
- Add a soft tortilla
How to fold a tortilla for a crunchwrap
Start by folding in one section of the tortilla towards the center
Working clockwise, continue to fold all the edges towards the center until the crunchwrap is completely folded up
Note: It’s best to warm the tortilla for about 10 seconds on each side. This helps to prevent cracking when folding!
Now all that’s left is cooking the crunchwrap on each side and voila! A super easy vegan meal.
Serve with avocado, a dollop of vegan sour cream, and some extra hot sauce.
How long do crunchwraps keep?
Crunchwraps are best eaten fresh as the middle tortilla will get soggy if it’s in the fridge. If you do make extras though, it’s definitely still safe to eat. Simply pop them in the microwave for a minute until heated through.
Crunchwraps for meal prep!
You can prep all the components ahead of time (filling, crispy tortillas, and veggies) and assemble one at a time when ready to eat. This is my recommended method.
That’s a wrap! A crunchwrap that is. The perfect lazy-girl meal when you don’t feel like whipping up an elaborate meal but still want something tasty. It might not be the healthiest option around, but sometimes we all just need a little comfort!
If you tried this vegan crunchwrap recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 package soyrizo
- 1/4 cup dairy-free queso
- 1/4 cup dairy-free sour cream
- hot sauce optional
- iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 roma tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 4 corn tortilla on a baking sheet. Spray the top of each tortilla with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in medium pan on medium heat. Add corn and cook until it starts to get golden brown (5-7 minutes). Add soyrizo and cook until heated through. Break up the soyrizo as it cooks. Remove from heat and set aside.
- It's best to assemble them one at a time. Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat and place one burrtio-sized tortilla in the pan and heat for 10 seconds. Using tongs, carefully flip and warm the other side for 10 seconds. Set tortilla on a cutting board and assemble the crunchwrap.
- Add about 1/3 cup of the soyrizo filling to the center of the tortilla. Top with 1 Tablespoon of vegan queso and spead out evenly over the filling. Add some hot sauce on top (optional). Top with a crispy tortilla and spread 1 Tablespoon of sour cream on top. Sprinkle some chopped lettuce and tomato, then a corn tortilla on top.
- Fold the crunchwrap: Start by folding one edge towards the center of the crunchwrap. Working clockwise, fold in all the edges until the crunchwrap is compeltely closed. Flip over to the edges are facing down. Repeat with remaining 3 crunchwraps.
- Using the same pan that was used to warm up the crunchwraps, add about 1 teaspoon of oil and place the crunchwrap folded side down on the pan and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown (2-3 minutes). Carefully flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with avocado slices and hot sauce if desired.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links that do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!