Tofu scramble paired with black beans, pico de gallo, avocado wrapped in a burrito. This vegan breakfast burrito recipe is the best thing to wake up to.
Mmmmm savory breakfast.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me some vegan pancakes, but vegan savory breakfasts can be harder to come by.
Tofu scramble is one of my favorites when it comes to savory plant-based breakfasts. It’s so easy to make and tastes great – especially in a burrito!
Tofu scramble breakfast burrito ingredients
Tofu scramble is the main filler in the burritos. From there, we add:
- black beans (can use pinto beans, refried, etc)
- pice de gallo
- shredded lettuce
Feel free to add whatever fillings you’d like! Salsa, guacamole, rice, corn, olives, it’s all game here.
How to make tofu scramble
- Start out by draining and pressing the tofu. The longer you press it, the better. I usually let it sit for 20-30 minutes, but at minimum, 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, crumble tofu. Larger pieces are okay, but you can crumble it as much or little as you’d like.
- Sautee with seasonings for a few minutes until heated through
What kind of tofu is best for tofu scramble
I personally like firm tofu. It’s not too firm, yet not too soft.
Once the tofu scramble is cooked through, add all the toppings you desire and roll the burrito.
How to roll a breakfast burrito
Start by folding the side closest to you over and folding the sides in.
With a “roll and tuck” technique, roll the burrito as you tuck in the sides.
Put the edge on the bottom to seal the burrito.
Tip: Burritos roll best when the tortilla is warm. Heat up in the microwave for about 10 seconds before wrapping.
Tofu scramble breakfast burritos are a great savory vegan breakfast idea. They are super easy to whip up and can be made in advance for busy mornings.
Freeze burritos by wrapping in foil individually. Simply unwrap and microwave for an easy breakfast to take to work or on the go.
If you tried this tofu scramble breakfast burrito, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like tofu scramble burritos, try tofu scramble tacos!
Vegan Tofu Scramble Breakfast BurritosPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- black beans
- pico de gallo see notes for recipe
- shredded romaine lettuce
- cilantro chopped
- 10-inch flour tortillas
Make Tofu Scramble:
- Press tofu - drain the block of tofu and wrap in paper towels or tea towel. Press for 10-30 minutes.
- Transfer block of pressed tofu to mixing bowl and crumble with a fork.
- Mix nutritional yeast, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With a pan on medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add crumbled tofu and seasonings. Mix well and cook until warm (about 3 minutes).
- Add tofu scramble to center-bottom of tortilla
- Top with black beans, avocado slices, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Starting with the edge closest to you, roll tortilla. Fold in sides then wrap tightly. Keep the edge of the tortilla on the bottom to seal the burrito.
- Serve burritos warm. Keep in the fridge for 3-5 days or wrap in foil and store in the freezer.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- Small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!