Mashed chickpeas, red grapes, celery, and sunflower seeds make up this simple chickpea salad recipe. Nothing fishy here with this vegan tuna salad recipe! Best of all, it only takes 10 ingredients to make.
It’s that back-to-school, brown paper baggin’ it time of year and even though I’m long past my school years (and I don’t have kids), I’m always on the hunt for simple and quick lunch recipes.
What I love about this vegan tuna salad:
- Mashed chickpeas: High in fiber and protein but NO fishy taste 🙂
- Vegan mayo: Healthier than traditional mayo
- Red grapes: Add a nice texture and sweet element to the mix
- Celery: A healthy crunch
- Sunflower Seeds: Again, a healthy crunch and have an added dose of healthy fats
- Dill: Dill just makes everything taste better (one of my personal favorite seasonings!)
- Dill Pickle!: Yes, totally optional, but I’m a pickle fan and it adds a wonderful flavor and crunch