This Summer peach salad not only contains fresh, seasonal produce, but a dose of protein from avocado and a serving of healthy fats from walnuts. Not to mention this honey poppy seed dressing is to die for.
This peach salad recipe really showcases what Summer produce is all about. Peaches along with other stone fruits taste so sweet in late Summer and make a great addition to this salad.
For the honey poppy seed salad dressing:
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Honey (or agave)
- Dijon mustard
- Poppy seeds
For the peach salad:
- Red onion
How to Make Honey Poppy seed Dressing
I’m not even going to count this as a recipe. It’s just too easy.
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar (or another container with a lid), seal tightly, and shake. You can also add everything to a measuring cup or bowl and whisk to combine.
Use right after shaking it up or keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Put all these ingredients together for a bomb Summer salad dressing you’ll want to eat with a spoon!
How to Make Fresh Peach Salad
- After you’ve made the honey poppy seed dressing, now it’s time to prep the ingredients for the salad.. Chop the spinach and romaine lettuce, pit and slice the peaches (I like to leave the skins on). Slice and chop the cucumber, thinly slice the red onion, pit and peel and dice the avocado. Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Add the lettuce, peaches, cucumber, and onion to a large bowl. Pour in half of the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Next add in the avocado and most but not all of the walnuts. Toss again so that everything is evenly coated in the dressing goodness. Add a bit more honey poppyseed dressing to the peach salad if needed.
Serve the salad in the big bowl as a pretty Summer centerpiece, or portion out onto individual plates or into bowls. Top with more chopped walnuts, and include a little dish of extra dressing on the side.
- Substitute honey with agave or maple syrup if vegan.
- Protein it up! For my vegetarian friends: add goat cheese, feta, or fresh mozzarella for a delicious flavor addition (for my vegetarian friends). Vegans can add your fave plant-based cheese alternatives, like my fantastic vegan feta cheese.
- Skip the walnuts and use almonds, pecans, cashews or any other chopped nuts you like.
- Add celery, diced onion, or jicama for a delicious crunch.
- You can prep ahead – but do not keep the ingredients stored together (unless you’re doing a big ‘ol mason jar salad). Instead prep everything and put into individual containers until you’re ready to assemble and eat.
If you tried this peach salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Summer Peach Salad with Honey Poppy seed Dressing
For the salad:
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- 1 head romaine chopped (about 3-4 cups)
- 2 peaches pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced in half lengthwise then cut into half moons
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped (plus more for topping)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey (or agave if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- pinch salt
- Add all ingredients for dressing into a mason jar. Shake well. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add spinach, romaine, peaches, cucumber, and onions to a large bowl.
- Pour half the dressing on top of the salad and toss well to coat.
- Add avocado and walnuts. Toss well. Add more dressing if needed.
- When ready to serve, put salad on a plate or bowl. Top with extra toasted walnuts!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!