This Summer peach salad not only contains fresh, seasonal produce, but a dose of protein from quinoa and a serving of healthy fats from walnuts. Not to mention this honey poppyseed dressing is to die for.
Raise yo hand if you’re a major salad fan like me! The way I see it there’s two types of people in this world; those who think salads are just blah, and others who actually CRAVE salads.
Well, I fit into that second category. I wasn’t always like this, but I’ve learned to truly love fresh salads that are loaded with crunchy, leafy greens and lots of produce. I’m constantly searching for delicious healthy salad recipes that I can bring with me to work for lunch and it’s a great way for me to get my vegetable servings.
Ever since I started really paying attention to what I eat and focusing on produce that is in season, did I not have a true appreciation for seasons. I know it sounds very “hippy” of me, but all the seasons are a beautiful thing and each season has so much nourishment to offer.
It feels incredible to embrace each season and eat the fruits and produce that surround me. Plus eating in season is cheaper because there’s an abundance of the crop so really it’s a no-brainer to just eat in season!
This peach salad recipe really showcases what Summer produce is all about. Peaches along with other stone fruits taste so sweet in late Summer and make a great addition to this salad.
What makes this peach salad so delicious?
- Quinoa – a plant-based protein source
- Peaches – add sweetness
- Cucumbers – a nice crunch
- Spinach – tons of vitamins
- Walnuts – source of healthy fats
- Honey Poppyseed dressing – SO easy to make and way healthier than the store-bought varieties!
Put all these ingredients together for a bomb Summer salad!
Variations of this salad:
- Substitute honey with agave if vegan
- Add goat cheese, feta, or fresh mozzarella for a delicious flavor addition (for my vegetarian friends)
- Use almonds, pecans, or cashews instead of walnuts
- Add celery, diced onion, or jicama for a delicious crunch
If you tried this peach salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Summer Peach Salad with Honey Poppyseed DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the salad:
- 1 10-ounce package organic spinach
- 1 head romaine
- 1 cucumber
- 2 peaches
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey (or agave if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- pinch of salt
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Rinse dry quinoa for 15-20 seconds and put in boiling water
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and let sit with cover on pot
- Put spinach in large bowl. Chop romaine and add to bowl
- Slice cucumbers and peaches and put in bowl
- Remove lid from pot and using a fork, "fluff" quinoa. Put in large bowl
- Top with walnuts and mix salad
- Add all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk together. Or shake well in a mason jar
- Add dressing right before serving
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!