Strawberry paired with basil is already a match made in heaven but what about adding kombucha to the duo? This strawberry basil kombucha smoothie recipe is vegan, delicious, and super healthy!
This post is sponsored by Brew Dr. Kombucha. All opinions are 100% my own!
But adding kombucha smoothie? This is a new one for me.
My first thought was “can you add kombucha to a smoothie?” The answer is yes, my friend. And the results are great!
If you’ve ever had kombucha, you know it has a slightly bitter flavor, but adding it to a smoothie cuts all that out. I love this Brew Dr. flavor but any flavor of kombucha will do!
How to make a kombucha smoothie
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend away! It’s really that easy.
Most smoothies call for plant-based milk such as almond milk or oat milk, but instead, we are using kombucha as a liquid base.
What is kombucha?
It’s a fermented tea drink that is combined with natural sugar. The end product is a fizzy carbonated drink that is delicious! Before you start to think a carbonated smoothie is weird, the carbonation goes away in the smoothie form.
Is Kombucha healthy?
Like any fermented foods, kombucha is great for gut health. It’s full of live and active cultures that aid in digestion and overall health.
Kombucha also contains a source of antioxidants (and so do strawberries so hello healthy aging!)
Ways to customize this smoothie
- Add leafy greens to make a healthy green smoothie with kombucha
- Add superfoods such as hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, or spirulina for a health boost
- Vegan protein powder (such as Vega) is a great addition to this kombucha smoothie recipe
- Banana is used to add creaminess but if you prefer smoothies without bananas, you can add one-fourth – half of an avocado.
This Summer smoothie recipe is fantastic for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go or a mid-day snack. Get creative with the add-ins you can use to create a delicious one-of-a-kind smoothie!
If you are looking for a boozy kombucha recipe, check out these strawberry basil kombucha cocktails!
If you tried this vegan strawberry basil kombucha smoothie, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Strawberry Basil Kombucha SmoothiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 14-ounce bottle Dr. Brew Strawberry Basil Kombucha
- 2 medium-sized bananas frozen
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup basil about 8-9 large leaves
- juice from 1 lemon optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Best consumed right away.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!