A simple strawberry compote mixed with oats, chia seeds, and almond milk is a serious breakfast game changer! Topped with some bananas, this strawberry banana overnight oats recipe is a delicious flavor combo.
Where’s all my overnight oat fans?
This is one of my go-to staples. The base only requires three ingredients and the toppings/flavors are endless!
Plus, it’s soooo easy to make and healthy (vegan and gluten-fee). That’s a win-win for me.
This strawberry banana overnight oat recipe is no exception of being easy to make and healthy. Plus the combo of strawberry and bananas pure delicious.
Ingredients for strawberry banana overnight oats
- Strawberry compote (made with frozen strawberries and agave)
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
How to make strawberry compote
Strawberry compote sounds so fancy, but it’s actually super simple to make.
- Add strawberries (fresh or frozen) in a saucepan with agave and water over high heat
- After about 10 minutes, the strawberries get mushy. Keep breaking them up with a spoon until the desired consistency is reached!
Note: If you use frozen strawberries, no need to thaw before this process!
How to make overnight oats:
I know the word “overnight” is in the title, but it really can be made 30 minutes prior to eating!
- Add oats, chia seeds, and almond milk to a container with a lid and give it a good shake.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- When ready to eat, top with strawberry compote and bananas
Tip: The consistency will be thick when ready to eat. If you prefer your overnight oats to be thinner, simply add a splash more of milk!
Overnight oats + meal prep
Strawberry banana overnight oats is a meal preppers dream!
- Make the strawberry compote and store it in a separate container
- Pre-measure out oats and chia seeds in containers (I prefer Mason Jars)
- The night before, add milk to one of the jars and shake well. Add a spoonful of the compote and pop it in the fridge
- Grab and go in the am! Don’t forget your banana too 🙂
You can make all the overnight oats for the week with the almond milk and leave them in the fridge. I prefer to do one at a time. With the oats and chia seeds measured out, it’s so easy to just add milk and pop it in the fridge the night before!
Topping ideas for overnight oats:
If you want to give this overnight oats recipe a little more umf, try out some of these topping ideas:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Nuts (chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds would taste great!)
- Hemp seeds
If you tried this strawberry banana overnight oats recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Strawberry Banana Overnight OatsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen (I use frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon agave can substitute with maple syrup or honey
To Make the Compote:
- In a small saucepan over high heat, add strawberries, water, and agave.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until mushy; breaking the strawberries down with a spoon as they cook. Remove from heat and set aside.
To Make the Overnight Oats:
- In each container with a lid, add 1/3 cup oats, 2 Tablespoons chia seeds, and 1/3 cup almond milk.
- Place lid on and shake well. Add to the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to eat, add a spoonful of the strawberry compote and banana slices.
- Make the strawberry compote and store in a separate container.
- Pre-measure oats and chia seeds in mason jars.
- The night before, add almond milk to one mason jar and a spoonful of the compote. Shake well and place in the fridge.
- In the morning, top with banana slices and enjoy!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!