Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies packed with brown sugar and rolled oats are the BEST! Vegan oatmeal cookies are easy to make and perfect for any occasion!
Where are my oatmeal cookie fans at?
I’m a long time oatmeal cream pie lover. And oatmeal raisin cookies are in my top cookie favorites. So making a traditional, yet vegan oatmeal cookie recipe is a must!
So ready your aprons, this cookie recipe is by far one of the easiest baking recipes out there!
Ingredients for oatmeal cookies
- vegan butter (I like Earth Balance)
- cane sugar
- brown sugar
- flax eggs
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- rolled oats
How to make vegan oatmeal cookies
- Start by creaming together sugars and butter until fluffy
- Add flax eggs and vanilla and beat until combined
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients (minus the oats) and add to the wet mixture. Beat until just combined
- Add oats and fold into the cookie dough
- Using a cookie scoop, roll the dough into cookies and slightly flatten the tops, placing them onto a lined baking sheet
Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and that’s it!
These cookies are soft, chewy, sweet, flavorful, and hearty. It’s the perfect recipe for an easy dessert or a cookie swap.
Are oatmeal cookies healthy?
I wouldn’t classify this recipe as healthy. It calls for vegan butter and brown sugar. Oats are a nutritious food so on the cookie health food scale, this one might be slightly healthier than a comforting chocolate chip cookie.
Ways to customize this vegan oatmeal cookie recipe:
- Add raisins, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries to the dough (about 1 – 1-1/2 cups)
- Substitute the flour with gluten-free flour to make this cookie recipe GF
- Instead of vegan butter, use coconut oil
If you tried this vegan oatmeal cookie recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Soft + Chewy Vegan Oatmeal CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 5 Tablespoons water) can substitute with 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened (I like Earth Balance baking sticks)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare flax "eggs" by mixing flaxseed and water in small bowl and setting aside
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter, cane sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed in a large mixing bowl until consistency is light and fluffy
- Add vanilla and flax eggs and beat for 3-5 seconds until just mixed
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, beating the cookie dough until all ingredients are fully mixed. Cookie dough should be thick and pliable. If the dough is too runny, try adding some flour. If the dough is too thick, try adding a small amount of water
- Using a rubber spatula, stir rolled oats into the cookie dough
- Roll cookie dough into golf ball-sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around edges
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!