These little protein nuggets are so delicious. Tofu smothered in red Thai curry and baked to perfection. This red Thai curry tofu recipe has the perfect amount of spice and flavor. Try this curry tofu recipe on a salad or a rice bowl with steamed veggies for a wholesome vegan meal. I’ve tried both and I can vouch they are both delicious options!
Nothing beats a good curry flavor. This red Thai curry tofu recipe is robust and so deep in flavor.
I love this tofu recipe because it’s so easy to make and perfect for meal prepping! It’s a delicious addition to any meal and a nice plant-based protein kick!
Ingredients in red Thai curry tofu
Thai curry paste, rice vinegar, liquid aminos, agave, lime juice, and sesame oil are combined to make a marinade for the tofu.
Tip: Liquid aminos are a gluten-free substitution for soy sauce. Soy sauce, tamari, or even coconut aminos can be used for this recipe.
Where to find red curry paste
I use red curry paste, which you can purchase on Amazon (affiliate link) or your grocery store in the Asian food aisle.
I’ve never attempted to make my own curry paste, but I would love to find ingredients to make my own. If anyone wants to give me any pointers in the comments, I’d love you forever 😉
How to make red thai curry tofu
- Start by pressing tofu
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes
The secret to perfectly baked tofu is three things:
- Press the *hit out of that tofu block. I buy extra firm tofu and wrap in paper towels, and set something heavy on top for about a half hour. You want as much liquid as possible out.
- Let marinate for another half hour. This allows the flavors to sink in and gives your tofu the most potential to be flavorful.
- Bake for longer than you’d think. Even though tofu isn’t “raw” like meat, it still takes time to cook. I set the oven temperate to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and let bake for 40 minutes. This allows the exterior to get perfectly crispy.
Try this red curry tofu recipe on a salad, stir fry, rice bowl, or just on it’s own! It’s the best for meal prepping and adds a nice vegan protein to your meal.
If you tried this red Thai curry tofu recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Related: Thai salad with red curry tofu
Red Thai Curry TofuPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Press Tofu: Remove tofu from package and wrap in a kitchen towel or paper towels. Sandwich between plates and place heavy objects on top. Let sit 30 minutes. If you are pressed on time, let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients minus the tofu in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut tofu into small cubes or triangles. Marinate in the sauce for 30 minutes.
- Place tofu on the baking sheet, keeping the extra sauce set aside.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool and toss back in the bowl with extra sauce.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!