What up Thai curry tofu? These little protein nuggets are everything in my life right now. Well, pretty close. Curries are some of my favorite flavors.They are robust, and deep in flavor. They can be hard to master, at least I haven’t been able to come close. I use red curry paste, but I would love to find ingredients to make my own. If anyone wants to give me any pointers, I’d love you forever 😉 Even if you are not vegetarian or vegan, tofu is a great addition to your diet. It’s a healthy, lean, and low calorie protein that gets a bad rep from soy haters out there. But non GMO soy is really great for you and tofu can taste pretty delicious too. This tofu recipe is baked and has the perfect amount of spice and flavor. Try this curry tofu recipe on a salad or a rice bowl with steamed veggies for a wholesome vegan meal. I’ve tried both and I can vouch they are bomb.
The secret to perfectly baked tofu are 3 things:
- Press the *hit out of that tofu block. I buy extra firm and wrap in paper towels, and set something heavy on top for at least a half hour. You want as much liquid as possible out.
- Let marinate for another half hour. This allows the flavors to sink in and gives your tofu the most potential to be flavorful.
- Bake for longer than you’d think. Even though tofu isn’t “raw” like meat, it still takes time to cook. I set the oven temperate to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and let bake for 40 minutes. This allows the exterior to get perfectly crispy.
Red Thai Curry Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Aminos (or substitute with low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Press tofu for 30 minutes
Mix all ingredients minus the tofu in a small mixing bowl
Cut tofu in small cubes or triangles
Marinate in sauce for 30 minutes
Place tofu on baking sheet and keep extra sauce
Bake for 30 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 10 minutes
Let cool and toss back in bowl with extra sauce
Related: Thai salad with red curry tofu