What up Thai curry tofu? These little protein nuggets are everything in my life right now. Well, pretty close. Curries are some of my favorite flavors and this recipe is no exception. This tofu recipe is baked and has the perfect amount of spice and flavor. Try this curry tofu recipe on a salad or a rice bowl with steamed veggies for a wholesome vegan meal. I’ve tried both and I can vouch they are both delicious options!
This Thai curry tofu recipe is robust and deep in flavor. I use red curry paste, which you can purchase on Amazon (affiliate link) or your grocery store in the Asian food aisle.
I’ve never attempted to make my own curry paste, but I would love to find ingredients to make my own. If anyone wants to give me any pointers in the comments, I’d love you forever 😉
Even if you are not vegetarian or vegan, tofu is a great addition to your diet. It’s a healthy, lean, and low-calorie protein that gets a bad rep from soy haters out there. But non-GMO soy is really great for you and tofu can taste pretty delicious too.
The secret to perfectly baked tofu is three things:
- Press the *hit out of that tofu block. I buy extra firm tofu and wrap in paper towels, and set something heavy on top for at least a half hour. You want as much liquid as possible out.
- Let marinate for another half hour. This allows the flavors to sink in and gives your tofu the most potential to be flavorful.
- Bake for longer than you’d think. Even though tofu isn’t “raw” like meat, it still takes time to cook. I set the oven temperate to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and let bake for 40 minutes. This allows the exterior to get perfectly crispy.
If you tried this Thai curry recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Related: Thai salad with red curry tofu
Red Thai Curry TofuPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Press tofu for 30 minutes
- Mix all ingredients minus the tofu in a small mixing bowl
- Cut tofu into small cubes or triangles
- Marinate in sauce for 30 minutes
- Place tofu on baking sheet and keep extra sauce
- Bake for 30 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Let cool and toss back in bowl with extra sauce
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!