Get ready to relive your best back to school days with these scrumptious peanut butter and jelly bars. So easy to make and the flavor combo can’t be beat!
Mmmmm peanut butter and jelly; there’s not a flavor combo out there that can beat it! Well, that’s up for debate, but pb and j is where it’s at in my heart.
These vegan peanut butter and jelly snack bars are almost like a blondie but kind of a cookie consistency too. They really are in a category of itself and they are so worth it, my friends!
Ingredients for peanut butter and jelly bars
- Coconut oil
- Baking powder
How to make peanut butter and jelly bars
- Start by mixing together the cane sugar and coconut oil until well incorporated
- Add agave, flax “egg”, peanut butter, and vanilla
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients
- Fold dry ingredients into wet
- Press down the peanut butter mixture into a lined 8×8 baking dish, saving about 1/3 cup for the topping.
- Spread a layer of jelly onto the peanut butter mixture.
- Using hands, form little balls of the leftover peanut butter mixture and place on top. Top with peanuts and bake!
Ways to customize this pb & j bar recipe
- Instead of topping with peanuts, try peanut butter chips!
- Use strawberry or raspberry jelly instead of grape
- Substitute peanut butter with almond butter or cashew butter
- Double the recipe and bake in a 9×13″ pan for a large group
How to store peanut butter and jelly bars
These bars are best kept in the fridge in an airtight container. They will keep in the fridge for about a week (although I don’t think they’ll make it a week in your fridge!)
If you tried this vegan pear galette let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil solid
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jelly grape, strawberry, raspberry, etc.
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make flax "egg": In a small bowl, mix ground flaxseed with water. Let sit 5-10 minutes until it becomes gelatinous.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together coconut oil and cane sugar using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, agave, vanilla, and flax egg and mix with a hand mixer until just incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and fold together using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer peanut butter mixer to a parchment-lined 8x8" pan. Press down with hands and reserve 1/3 cup for the topping.
- Evenly spread a layer of jelly on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Press little clumps of the remaining peanut butter mixture with hands and place clumps on top of the jelly layer. Top with chopped peanuts.
- Bake 45 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.
- Leftovers keep for about 1 week in the fridge.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!