Red potatoes roasted to perfection and seasoned with lemon and dill. This simple potato recipe is the perfect Spring side dish!
Let’s talk potatoes!
Oven roasted red potatoes that is.
With fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and dill seasoning.
It’s my new favorite winning combo. Plus, who doesn’t love a good potato recipe?
Ingredients for roasted red potatoes
This dish is so simple meaning there’s only 7 ingredients required:
- Baby red potatoes
- Fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
Feel free to add more seasonings (chili flakes, or parmesan cheese if not vegan) to customize this side dish to your liking!
How to make roasted red potatoes
Start by combining everything in a bowl. Mix well with a rubber spatula
Transfer to a baking sheet and space out evenly
Tips for making superb roasted red potatoes:
- Make sure to use enough oil! 1 Tablespoon per pound of potatoes is a good rule of thumb. This yields crispier potatoes.
- Bake directly on the sheet. No parchment paper or silicone sheet needed. Baking potatoes directly on the sheet gives the potatoes crispy carmelized sides
- Mix everything in a bowl then transfer to a baking sheet. This ensures all the potatoes are evenly coated with oil and seasoned.
- Bake potatoes white part down. Meaning one side of the white is touching the sheet. This direct contact will give you that nice browning on a roasted potato.
The key to a good roasted red potatoes recipe (in my opinion) is lots of fresh herbs. I go IN on the fresh dill (both before and after roasting) and even top them with fresh parsley before serving. This packs the potatoes with lots of flavor for a delicious side dish.
Entrees that go well with roasted red potatoes
This side dish is very versatile and can pair great with many vegan or vegetarian recipes:
Vegan and Gluten-free Lemon Pesto Zoodles
“Cheesy” Broccoli Vegan Burgers
Orzo Lemon Soup with Chickpeas
The lemon and dill on these roasted red potatoes make this dish perfect for Spring. Great for a side dish on Easter or simple enough to make with a no-fuss dinner.
If you tried this roasted red potatoes recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Lemon Dill Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 pound baby red potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil can use another neutral oil like vegetable, canola, grapeseed, or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice plus more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- parsley chopped (for serving; optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust rack to the center.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer to baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Season with more dill, a splash of lemon juice, and parsley before serving.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
4 thoughts on “Lemon Dill Oven Roasted Red Potatoes”
Awesome flavors! Who doesn’t love roasted potatoes?! Yum
I made these potatoes tonight after stumbling upon the recipe on Pinterest and they were fabulous!!
Thanks so much, Julia! I really appreciate you taking the time to review my recipe 🙂