Mushroom lentil leek soup – say that ten times fast! I felt it was mandatory I included all these ingredients in the title because they are all so delicious and when unified, they make one incredible soup. In addition to mushroom, lentils, and leeks we have fresh rosemary and shallots! Still not convinced? This vegan mushroom soup can be made with 10 ingredients and just shy of 45 minutes.
Here’s a breakdown of the health benefits of this vegan mushroom soup :
Mushrooms: Great source of antioxidants, protein, and iron.
Leeks: Good source of vitamins and minerals – particularity vitamin A and K. They also have badass anti-cancer properties!
Lentils: These are a great source of lean protein and carry a great dose of calcium, potassium, zinc, and vitamin K to name a few.
Now that I have your attention this vegan soup recipe is a must try. It’s super healthy and filling, but leaves room for a little bit of bread on the side 😉 Keep reading to see how it’s done.
Nutrition aside, nothing is better than a warm, comforting soup on a chilly day. As I’m tying this, I’m daydreaming about putting on my pajamas and wrapping up in a blanket with this hearty, warm bowl of soup and binge-watching Netflix (do I have any Shonda Rhimes fans out there?) Soup recipes are great for making in big batches (hellooo leftovers). I like to make this soup on a Sunday and have a healthy weeknight meal; which is a huge plus in my book.
Tip: This dairy-free mushroom soup is great on its own, but I won’t tell if you add a little bit of fresh parmesan on top. Oh, and get every last drop with some warm bread. Now, that is essential, my friends.
If you tried this vegan mushroom soup, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Mushroom Lentil Leek SoupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 cups leeks (about 3 leeks, chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 16 oz package baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup brown lentils uncooked
- 2 cartons low sodium vegetable stock (about 8 cups)
- water (to thin if needed)
- Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium heat
- Add onions and shallots and cook until translucent. Stir frequently to prevent burning
- Add leeks and garlic, place lid on and let cook for 2 minutes
- Add thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir
- Add vegetable broth and mushrooms - turn heat to medium-high, cover and bring to boil
- Add lentils and reduce heat. Let simmer until lentils are cooked (approx. 20 minutes)
- Remove 1/2 cup of soup and add to blender. Blend until smooth
- Add blended soup back into pot and stir
- Top with fresh parsley, fresh parmesan cheese (if not vegan)
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!