Bright and flavorful lemon garlic sauteed Swiss chard is going to be your new favorite side. This easy Swiss chard recipe takes just 20 minutes to make and uses only a handful of simple and wholesome ingredients you love!
Whether you are a longtime big fan or just getting to know the wonder that is Swiss chard, you are going to love this lemon garlic sauteed Swiss chard. Tangy, earthy, a bit bitter and slightly sweet, it has everything you want in a savory dish. Seriously.
My recipe for garlic and lemon sauteed Swiss chard perfectly combines zesty lemon, earthy garlic, and fresh chard to create delicious flavors that compliment nearly any vegan main. The leaves (and stems if you like!) are lightly cooked on the stove to tender perfection for a quick and spectacularly simple side dish you can enjoy any night of the week!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS VEGAN SIDE DISH RECIPE
This is a simple 7 ingredient side dish recipe that is naturally gluten-free, low carb, and, of course, completely vegan.
To make my amazing lemon garlic sauteed Swiss chard you need:
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Swiss chard
- Lemon juice
You can either discard or chop and include the Swiss chard stems in this recipe!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON GARLIC SAUTEED SWISS CHARD
Not only is this dish super yummy, it’s fabulously easy to make, too! From prep to the finishing touches, it only takes about 20 minutes.
- First, clean and chop the Swiss chard (check out my All about Swiss chard post for tips!).
- Then heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for a minute or two, until you get that great garlicky fragrance going.
- Next add the chopped chard. Saute for a few minutes so that the leaves get tender and soft.
- Lastly, add lemon juice, salt and pepper, and stir well. Remove from the heat and serve warm.
Like most sauteed leafy greens, Swiss chard is best when enjoyed right away. Technically you can keep leftovers in the fridge for a few days, but the dish will definitely lose its vibrancy when reheated.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUTEED SWISS CHARD
Enjoy sauteed Swiss chard with garlic and lemon as a healthy, hearty and satisfying side with your favorite main dishes. It’s a quick to make for dinner and serve alongside Vegan Mushroom and Tofu Burgers, Nut-Crusted Savory Breaded Tofu, or Baked Tofu Bites.
I also love to make a meal entirely of vegan side dishes – they are just that good. Try this delicious Swiss chard dish with the Best Vegan Mac and Cheese and a Classic Three Bean Salad for a trio of sides that eats like a full feast!
If you tried this vegan lemon garlic Swiss chard recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
HERE ARE MORE SATISFYING VEGAN SIDE DISH RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Lemon Dill Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad
- The Ultimate Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large bunches swiss chard ribs and stems removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Remove stems and rib (center of chard) and loosely chop or tear with your hands into about 2 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- Add swiss chard and cook for about 3 minutes until it's vibrant and soft.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well and remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!