Aromatic lavender paired with lemonade and champagne is a match made in heaven! This boozy drink is perfect for any brunch occasion. Great for Summer, this lavender lemonade mimosa is a must try beverage!
I’ll let you in on a little secret (or not so secret) mimosas are super easy to make.
They are basically just champagne and juice.
But what about if we want to liven up the traditional orange juice and champagne combo? That’s when I introduce to you a lavender lemonade mimosa.
Ingredients for lavender lemonade mimosas
- Lavender simple syrup
Sounds pretty easy, right? Well, it is!
How to make lavender simple syrup
Lavender simple syrup is 1 part water to 1 part sugar and steeped lavender buds. The result is a super floral, aromatic flavor that is perfect for cocktails.
- Start by bringing water and dried lavender to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain into a container to remove lavender.
Where to buy dried lavender
You can find this in the spices section at the grocery store. I found mine in the bulk section, but you can also order from Amazon too.
Best champagne for mimosas
A mimosa typically uses dry champagne such as a Cava or Brut. A cheap to mid-range bottle totally suffice – you do not want to break out the fancy champagne for mimosas!
- Dry Prosecco
I love this list of cheap champagnes that are great for mimosas too!
This lavender lemonade mimosa is a pretty pink-purple hue that makes a great Summer brunch drink. Perfect for birthdays, bridal showers, or just any weekend!
If you tried this lavender lemonade mimosa recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Lavender Lemonade Mimosa
- 1 25-ounce bottle champagne Brut, Cava, or dry Prosecco are all good options (chilled)
- lemonade (chilled)
- lemon slices or lavender flowers for garnish (optional)
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3.5 Tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 cup cane sugar
- In a pot over medium-high heat, bring water and lavender to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain into a container to remove lavender flowers.
- With champagne flute tilted at a 45 degree angle, slowly fill glass halfway with champagne. Add lemonade. Add 2-3 Tablespoons of lavender syrup.
- Garnish with lavender or lemon wedge if desired.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!