Calling all my salad fans! Where you at? I have a vegan Greek salad recipe to share with you and I swear it’s a true power salad. Chickpeas, fresh herbs, and a delicious tahini dressing make this salad recipe healthy and wholesome.
Eating raw vegetables is important to my diet because they are full of nutrients. Cooking vegetables can break down these nutrients and although cooked vegetables are still healthy for you, raw veggies are great for optimal health. Now this rule is a blanket statement and doesn’t apply to all vegetables. Some vegetables (like kale) can be taxing on the digestive system because it’s hard for our bodies to break it down. It’s important to prepare the kale right so you are still getting those nutrients in without hurting your digestive system in the process! Kale is one of those superfoods that is very nutrient dense and a great part of a healthy diet. This article gives you a breakdown of how healthy kale really is. If leafy greens are too intimidating for you, try them in a green smoothie; I promise you won’t even taste them!
So enough with this health lesson, let’s talk about some dolmas. Dolmas are a common Mediterranean delicacy and are grape leaves stuffed with rice, mint, and seasonings. It’s a great addition to the greek salad, or they even make a substantial snack. You can find dolmas typically at the olive bar in a grocery store, or Trader Joe’s actually sells them in a can, which I was skeptical of at first, but they are bomb.
Along with dolmas, this salad features tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, parsley, and kalamata olives. The tahini dressing with this salad is a little match made in heaven. If you are looking for healthy lunch options, look no further. I got you covered with this vegan Greek salad. It’s the perfect recipe for meal prep and taking lunch to work or school.
Tip: Want a little vegan protein kick? Add some tofu feta to this Greek salad. YUM!
If you tried this vegan Greek salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Kale Greek Salad with Tahini DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the salad:
- 1 bunch kale or other greens of your choice
- 1 lemon (reserve half for dressing)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 6-8 dolmas (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
For the tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp seeds optional
- Prepare kale by removing leaves from tough stems and massaging under warm water
- Squeeze half a lemon over kale and continue to massage with hands
- Cut grape tomatoes in half and cut cucumber into slices
- In a bowl, add kale, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and dolmas. Set aside
- Drain chickpeas and in a small mixing bowl, add chickpeas, 2 teaspoons dill, and 1/4 cup minced parsley. Mix well
- Add chickpea mixture to salad
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients for dressing and whisk well. Add more water until you reach desired consistency
- Top salad with dressing and sesame seeds
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!