Calling all my salad fans! Where you at? I have a vegan Greek salad recipe to share with you and I swear it’s a true power salad. Chickpeas, fresh herbs, and a delicious tahini dressing make this salad recipe healthy and wholesome.
Meet your new salad BFF.
This vegan Greek salad is LOADED with amazing ingredients and I’m here for it!
Introducing a salad that features leafy kale as a bed, followed by tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, kalamata olives, dolmas, and hemp seeds. Top it off with a quick homemade creamy tahini dressing and you got yourself one amazing salad.
Ingredients for vegan Greek salad
All great salads start with tons of components and a crazy delicious dressing.
- Kalamata olives
- Hemp seeds
- Homemade dressing
What are dolmas?
Dolmas are these little nuggets that are stuffed grape leaves. The filling is usually a herby rice blend and they are beyond GOOD. Dolmas can be found in the grocery store in a can (Trader Joe’s sells them). I’ve also spotted them in the deli section.
How to prepare vegan Greek salad
Start by prepping the kale. Kale can be rather tough so you want to massage kale that you are eating raw.
- Destem kale and place in a colander. Rinse with warm water and massage with hands. The warm water plus massaging makes kale so much more digestible and pleasant.
- Spread out on towel or paper towels to air dry.
- Make dressing.
- Assemble salads and top with dressing.
Tip: Want a little vegan protein kick? Add some tofu feta to this Greek salad. YUM!
How to make tahini dressing
Tahini aka sesame seed butter is a classic Greek kitchen staple and is one of the main ingredients in hummus. Tahini is an excellent healthy ingredient to make creamy plant-based dressings and sauces.
- Start by whisking together tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. The end result should be creamy and pourable!
Can you make this salad recipe ahead of time?
Yes! Prepare kale and keep all the salad toppings separate. Combine together and add the dressing right before eating.
You can make a salad the morning of (aka before heading to work) too. Just leave the dressing separate to avoid a soggy salad situation.
If you tried this vegan Greek salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Check out these other yummy salads!
Vegan Cobb Salad with Ranch Dressing
Vegan Hippie Salad with “Cheesy” Cilantro Dressing
Summer Market Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Vegan Kale Greek Salad with Tahini DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the salad:
- 1 bunch kale or other greens of your choice
- 1 lemon (reserve half for dressing)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 6-8 dolmas (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
For the tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4-5 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp seeds optional
- Prepare the kale by removing leaves from tough stems and massaging under warm water.
- Squeeze half a lemon over kale and continue to massage with hands.
- In a bowl, add kale, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, chickpeas, and dolmas.
- Whisk together tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings. Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached (took me 5).
- Top salad with dressing and hemp seeds (optional).
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!