Calling all my salad fans! Where you at? I have a vegan Greek salad recipe to share with you and I swear it’s a true power salad. Chickpeas, tofu feta, creamy hummus, and a delicious Greek dressing make this Mediterranean salad recipe healthy and wholesome.
Meet your new salad BFF.
This vegan Greek salad is LOADED with amazing ingredients and I’m here for it!
Introducing a salad that features your favorite leafy greens as a bed, followed by tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, kalamata olives, tangy hummus, and tofu feta. Top it off with a quick homemade Greek dressing and you got yourself one amazing salad.
For the Greek salad:
- Leafy greens
- Homemade tofu feta – Note: this takes time to marinate, so prep in advance!
- Red onion
- Grape tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Homemade hummus
- Pita bread – suggested for serving on the side
For the Homemade Greek Dressing:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds or hemp seeds – optional
I love to use a 50/50 combo of fresh spinach and spring mix blend for my leafy greens. You can use 100% spinach, your fave salad blend, kale, or whatever lettuce floats your boat.
How to Make Homemade Greek Dressing
It seriously could not be any easier to whisk up a batch of tangy, flavorful Greek dressing from scratch. And it’s naturally vegan-friendly! Homemade dressing is quick to prep in 3 simple steps:
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl or mason jar.
- Whisk together, or seal the jar and shake to combine.
- Use right away, or keep the vegan Greek dressing in a sealed container in the fridge. It will stay good for up to a week.
Tips for How to Assemble Vegan Greek Salads
- First, make sure you throughly rinse and dry your salad greens. Then use them as the salad base in the bottom of each bowl.
- Prep the other ingredients: thinly slice the red onion, halve the tomatoes, slice the cucumbers, pit and slice the olives, and rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Now load each salad with all of these goodies, plus the marinated vegan tofu. Add a generous dollop of hummus to the side of the bowls.
- Pour on some of the Greek salad dressing, and serve with slices of pita.
And there you have it, the BEST entirely plant-based Greek salad eeever!
Can I make this salad recipe ahead of time?
Yes! Go ahead and prep all of the salad components and make the dressing. Then store the salad fixings together in one sealed container and the dressing separate in its own jar.
The salad part will keep fresh for about 3 days, and the dressing stays good for up to a week or so.
You can make a salad the morning of (aka before heading to work) too. Just leave the dressing separate when you pack up lunch to avoid a soggy salad situation.
If you tried this vegan Greek salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Greek Salad
For the Salad:
- greens of choice I like a 50/50 spinach spring mix blend
- tofu feta
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3 Persian cucumbers sliced (can use regular cucumber too)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- hummus store-bought or homemade
- pita bread optional
For the Greek Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp seeds optional
- Prepare tofu feta in advance! It takes time to marinate.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a mason jar. Secure lid and shake well. You can also whisk the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare salads by adding lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, chickpeas, and olives to a large bowl or individual salad bowls. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a side of hummus and pita bread!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
6 thoughts on “Vegan Greek Salad”
Looking delicious and joyful !!
Thanks! Salads are my favorite go to for weekday lunches.
I made this for my lunches and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome, Emma! SO glad you enjoyed this recipe!
This dressing sounds amazing! I’m going to make it this weekend when I meal prep!
Hope you enjoy, Lindsay!