Imagine scooping out all the apple pie filling, throwing it into a blender, then drinking it up. That’s EXACTLY what this smoothie tastes like. Full of sweet and cinnamon aromas, it’s hard to believe this apple pie smoothie is healthy.
Oh, hi. It’s me, smoothie here.
So you’ve heard eating healthy can be hard? Or unappetizing? I’m here to bust all your health food theories and solve all your breakfast woes!
Pretty much a superhero in a delicious apple pie smoothie disguise.
Smoothies are an excellent way to incorporate healthy meals into your day. They aren’t just exclusive for warmer months as Fall flavors taste beyond delicious in a smoothie form.
Ingredients in an apple pie smoothie:
No, it’s not the goopy apple pie filling, but it’s good. And like, lightyears healthier:
- maple syrup – totally optional if watching sugar, but recommended.
- fresh apples – any kind will do. I used pink lady
- almond milk – or any plant-based milk for that matter
- Greek yogurt – can substitute with a plant-based yogurt to make this smoothie vegan but adds a little umf to your smoothie and gives it a nice creamy consistency
- oats – a cheap protein booster and nice nutty flavor with the apples
- cinnamon – what’s an apple pie without loads of cinnamon?
- vanilla extract – because mmmmmm. so good.
I don’t think I need to go over how to make a smoothie, but instead, I’ll give you some tips, tricks, and secrets to up your smoothie game!
- Add some ice (and maybe decrease the almond milk) to have a cold smoothie
- Use a high power blender (I recommend Blendtec!) to ensure everything is silky smooth. Having some gritty pieces from oats is less than ideal
- Make this smoothie recipe the night before to have a convenient breakfast on the go! Note: I found that the apple juice separates from the smoothie when sitting. Just shake it up and you’re good to go!
Ways to customize this apple pie smoothie:
- Add a pinch of nutmeg or ginger to really heighten the flavors
- Use certified gluten-free oats to make this smoothie gluten free
- Add protein powder (I recommend a natural or vanilla flavor). Vega is my favorite brand!
- Instead of red apples, try using green apples. The tartness balances nicely with the maple syrup
- Don’t have fresh apples? Try using 1/2-3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
If you tried this apple pie smoothie, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Healthy Apple Pie SmoothiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 medium apples I used Pink Lady apples
- 1/4 cup almond milk can omit if you prefer a thicker smoothie; the apples produce a lot of liquid
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt substitute with plant-based yogurt to make vegan
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup can substitute with agave or honey if desired
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Consume right away or keep in the fridge until ready to enjoy!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!