Kale chips covered in everything bagel seasoning? Yes, please! Behold is this beloved kale chips recipe with everything bagel seasoning. This vegan snack is cheesy, nutty, salty, and just downright delicious. It’s the perfect healthy substitute for that salty and savory snack craving. Get yourself some bunches of this leafy green and learn how to make this recipe!
This post was originally published in January 2017. New photos have been added and more tips on how to make homemade kale chips.
Have you guys ever wondered why more foods aren’t seasoned with everything bagel seasoning?
Don’t get me wrong, I love bagels, but why is this delicious seasoning reserved for bread only? The first time I got my hands on a jar of everything bagel seasoning, it was my new go-to way to seasons all the foods (especially avocado toast!)
Also, Trader Joe’s carries everything bagel seasoning now too. Say goodbye to bland foods forever!
What is everything bagel seasoning?
Everything bagel seasoning is the perfect combination of toasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, and salt.
Ingredients for everything bagel kale chips
- Kale (curly or lacinato kale work)
- Olive oil
- Nutritional yeast (gives the kale chips a cheesy flavor)
- Everything bagel seasoning
You can make your own everything bagel seasoning, but I find buying it so much more convenient!
How to make kale chips
- Start by washing and massaging the kale. Lay the kale out on a kitchen towel for at least 30 minutes to completely dry. I like to blot the kale with another kitchen towel as well.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake low and slow (275 for about 25-30 minutes)
Tips for baking kale chips:
- The most crucial step when baking kale chips is to make sure the kale is thoroughly dry! I like to give mine a good rinse then set it on a tea towel or paper towels to air dry.
- Make sure to massage the kale well. This will help break it down and make it more palatable
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. You want one even layer of kale on the baking sheet. They do shrink when baking, but if the pan is overcrowded, it’ll trap the moisture and result in soggy kale.
A note about nutritional yeast
Even though this kale chips recipe is vegan, it has a cheesy flavor that really takes these to the next level! Nutritional yeast is the secret weapon. For those of you who are familiar with vegan cooking, have this ingredient in stock in the kitchen all the time. It’s a natural ingredient that has a flavor similar to cheese. Add it to pasta, soups, and yes, even kale chips!
Tip: For more vegan pantry essentials, check out my full list here!
If you tried this everything bagel kale chips recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Everything Bagel Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove stems from kale and tear into large pieces with your hands. Thoroughly wash them by massaging them under warm running water. Lay on paper towels or a kitchen towel to dry for at least 30 minutes to an hour. You can blot the kale as well with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Put washed kale in large mixing bowl and add olive oil. Massage with hands to equally distribute.
- Add nutritional yeast and everything bagel seasoning and mix until well coated.
- Spread kale chips in an even single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Mix gently with a spatula and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Be sure to watch carefully to prevent burning. Continue stirring and baking in 10 minute increments until chips are crispy and not soggy.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. I let mine sit on a pan all day before putting in a container. If you store them before they are completely dry, they will become soggy.
- Store leftovers in a container without lid for up to 3 days. Best eaten fresh!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
18 thoughts on “Crispy Baked Everything Bagel Kale Chips + VIDEO”
I made these kale chips and they came out wonderful. They are definitely best fresh from the oven. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Wow I can’t wait to try making kale chips! Everything bagel seasoning sounds BOMB!
Yass thanks Harlow!
We LOVE kale chips. I can’t wait to try this spin on them!
Looks like a great (and healthy) alternative to overprocessed snacks
Thanks, Katie! 🙂
Mmm I love kale chips, and I use nutritional yeast in so much of my cooking since I’m dairy-free, but I never thought to put the two together. This is brilliant!
I love salty snacks but it’s hard to keep it healthy. This looks like a really great idea and one that I will have to try!! Thanks for the idea!
You’re welcome, Becca!
I love your idea to add Everything Bagel Seasoning to kale chips! These sound delish!
Thank you, Erin!
You are a GENIUS! As if there wasn’t enough great uses for everything bagel seasoning (it’s a family favorite). My kids love both kale chips AND that seasoning, which means they’re gonna go a little cray cray for this recipe! Making it this afternoon when they get home from school. I’ll have to report back soon….
Ahhh yes you must try them! Thanks for sharing, Mary!
I just told my husband the other day that I want to make kale chips as a good snack for work! Going to try your recipe today and report back 🙂 They look delicious!
Thanks so much, Hillary!