Overnight oats mixed with peanut butter and a delicious strawberry compote, this peanut butter and jelly overnight oats recipe is the perfect meal to wake up to! So easy to make and only 6 ingredients!
Overnight oats are one of my favorite go-to breakfasts. They take seconds to whip up, are filling, and healthy (vegan and gluten-free)!
Better yet, the base is created using pantry staples and the toppings are up to you!
In this recipe, we’re taking the traditional route by making a PB and J flavor. Salty peanut butter combined with sweet berries is truly a match made in Heaven.
Ingredients for peanut butter and jelly overnight oats
- Strawberry compote (made with frozen strawberries and agave)
- Peanut butter
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
Strawberry compote sounds so fancy, but it’s actually super simple to make.
- Add strawberries (fresh or frozen) in a saucepan with agave and water over high heat
- After about 10 minutes, the strawberries get mushy. Keep breaking them up with a spoon until the desired consistency is reached!
Note: If you use frozen strawberries, no need to thaw before this process!
HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATS:
I know the word “overnight” is in the title, but it really can be made 30 minutes prior to eating!
- Add oats, chia seeds, and almond milk to a container with a lid and give it a good shake.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- When ready to eat, top with strawberry compote and peanut butter
Tip: The consistency will be thick when ready to eat. If you prefer your overnight oats to be thinner, simply add a splash more of milk!
OVERNIGHT OATS + MEAL PREP
Peanut butter and jelly overnight oats is a meal preppers dream!
- Make the strawberry compote and store it in a separate container
- Pre-measure out oats and chia seeds in containers (I prefer Mason Jars)
- The night before, add milk to one of the jars and shake well. Add a spoonful of the compote and peanut butter and pop it in the fridge
- Grab and go in the am!
You can make all the overnight oats for the week with the almond milk and leave them in the fridge. I prefer to do one at a time. With the oats and chia seeds measured out, it’s so easy to just add milk and pop it in the fridge the night before!
Topping ideas for overnight oats:
If you want to give this overnight oats recipe a little more pizazz, try out some of these topping ideas:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Nuts (chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds would taste great!)
- Hemp seeds
If you tried this peanut butter and jelly overnight oats recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen (I use frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon agave can substitute with maple syrup or honey
To Make the Compote:
- In a small saucepan over high heat, add strawberries, water, and agave.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until mushy; breaking the strawberries down with a spoon as they cook. Remove from heat and set aside.
To Make the Overnight Oats:
- In each container with a lid, add 1/3 cup oats, 2 Tablespoons chia seeds, and 1/3 cup almond milk.
- Place lid on and shake well. Add to the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to eat, add a spoonful of the strawberry compote and peanut butter.
- Make the strawberry compote and store in a separate container.
- Pre-measure oats and chia seeds in mason jars.
- The night before, add almond milk to one mason jar and a spoonful of the compote and peanut butter. Shake well and place in the fridge.
- In the morning, grab and go!
- Instead of making the strawberry compote, you can substitute with jelly
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!