These super easy homemade vegan peanut butter cups are for you chocolate peanut butter fans. Best of all, they only require 5 ingredients! Make these for a healthy dessert recipe to always have on hand.
Nothing gets more classic than Reese’s peanut butter cups. I remember as a child for Halloween I only cared about a handful of candies; Kit Kats, Almond Joys, and Reeses. Nothing else mattered in my opinion.
This peanut butter cup recipe uses healthy and simple ingredients like dark chocolate, coconut oil, natural peanut butter, and maple syrup. All the flavor of a Reeses is in this recipe minus all the processed crap. When you are craving a sweet, try making these homemade peanut butter cups for a healthier substitute. They keep well in the freezer making it super easy to always keep on hand 😉
Ingredients for vegan peanut butter cups
- Dark chocolate chips (can you vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired)
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
How to make vegan peanut butter cups
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or a makeshift method buy putting a smaller pot or glass mixing bowl over a pot of 1-inch boiling water.
Fill mini cupcake tin about 1/3 of the way with melted chocolate. Place in freezer while making the peanut butter filling.
Mix together peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt.
Tip: If your peanut butter is really stiff, try microwaving it for a few seconds
Remove the tin from the freezer and top with peanut butter. Fill cupcake tins with remaining chocolate and place in the freezer again to set.
Ways to customize this vegan peanut butter cup recipe
- Swap peanut butter with almond butter or cashew butter
- Instead of creamy pb, try a crunchy peanut butter
- Use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips instead of dark
- Top with sea salt flakes!
- Mix shredded coconut into peanut butter mixture
If you tried this vegan peanut butter cup recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Peanut Butter CupsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Put chocolate chips in a double boiler or double pots over medium heat on stovetop (see notes)
- Using a rubber spatula, stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Put liners in mini cupcake tin and pour 1 teaspoon melted chocolate in each liner. Tap sides of tin lightly to even out the chocolate.
- Place in freezer to set.
- Put peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt in a small mixing bowl and stir well. If peanut butter is stiff, microwave for 10 seconds. Peanut butter should be pourable but not too liquidy
- Remove tins from freezer and add 2 teaspoons of peanut butter mixture in each liner.
- Top with chocolate. Tap sides of the tin to even out chocolate and place in the freezer to set (10-15 minutes).
- Store in fridge or freezer
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!