This dreamy yogurt berry popsicle recipe is made with Greek yogurt, coconut milk, fresh berries, and a hint of honey. Perfect Summer treat and a healthy dessert option!
Lately, I’ve been on a major popsicle kick. Remember my peaches and cream popsicles? Truth is, I’m not mad about it AT ALL. I think everyone should keep their freezers packed with homemade popsicles this Summer, wouldn’t you agree?
Why I love these yogurt berry popsicles:
- Lightly sweetened
- Packed with fresh fruit
- Easy to make
- Healthy dessert option
In fact, they are so healthy I bet you can get away with eating them for breakfast too!
Greek yogurt may be the main culprit in making these popsicles so creamy but it’s not the only component! Canned coconut milk adds another level of creaminess to the mix.
Coconut milk is a healthy source of fats and a delicious plant-based ingredient!
Tools you need for this recipe:
YUPP we’re basically making a smoothie popsicle. Hence why I said these work for breakfast too. See what I did there? 😉
How to make yogurt berry popsicles:
- Make Strawberry Layer: Combine yogurt, coconut milk, strawberries, and honey to the blender and blend until smooth
- Fill popsicle mold 3/4 full and place in freezer
- Make Blueberry Layer: Rinse blender and add 1/2 the blueberries, honey, and juice from 1/2 lemon. Pulse blender about 8-10 times. Add rest of the blueberries and pulse 2-3 times. This creates a chunky blueberry mixture!
- Remove mold from freezer and add blueberry mixture. Stick popsicle sticks in and freeze for at least 4 hours
Variations of these yogurt berry popsicles:
- Add raspberries to the strawberry layer or blackberries to the blueberry layer
- Substitute Greek yogurt with soy, almond, coconut, or cashew yogurt for a vegan recipe
- Use vanilla yogurt instead of plain for some extra sweetness
- Or omit honey for a no sugar added popsicle recipe
- Blend all ingredients together to save on time if the swirliness isn’t a priority for you
- Add a granola or crushed graham crackers layer to add a nice crunch
Popsicles are the PERFECT Summertime treat. They are also super easy and fun to make. This recipe would be fun to make with kids and I think you’d score some major cool mom points letting your kids eat popsicles for breakfast.
If you tried these creamy yogurt popsicles, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Creamy Yogurt Berry PopsiclesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt can substitute with vanilla or a vegan variety (coconut, soy, almond, or cashew yogurt)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk can substitute with more yogurt if desired
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 Tablespoons honey can substitute with agave or maple syrup
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Combine yogurt, coconut milk, strawberries, and 1 Tablespoon of honey to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds about three-quarters of the way full. Place in freezer while making the blueberry layer.
- Rinse blender and add 1 cup blueberries, lemon juice, and 1 Tablespoon of honey to blender. Pulse 8-10 times.
- Add remaining blueberries and pulse 2-3 more times. Blueberry layer should be chunky but you can blend to the consistency you desire.
- Remove popsicle mold from freezer and top with the blueberry layer. Insert popsicle sticks and place back in the freezer to set (at least 4 hours)
- Run popsicle mold under warm (not hot!) water for 20 seconds and carefully pull popsicle out of the mold. If popsicle is not budging, run until water for an additional 10 seconds and keep trying until popsicle slides out with ease.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!