Quinoa for breakfast?! You read that right! Quinoa mixed with cranberries and orange all baked to perfection, this easy quinoa breakfast bake is the perfect way to start your morning right!
This post was originally published in January 2016. Photos, post, and recipe have been updated.
Breakfast lovers rejoice! This sweet quinoa breakfast bake is the BEST. Let me give you a breakdown as to why that’s true:
- So easy to make
- Short ingredient list
- Healthy (vegan + GF)
- Leftover’s taste great
- An amazing vegan orange yogurt topping
Ingredients for quinoa breakfast bake:
- Quick oats
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- Almond milk
- Flax eggs
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Fresh cranberries
How to make a flax egg
Start by mixing ground flaxseed with water and let sit for 5-10 minutes. The mixture will become gelatinous, similar to a raw egg.
How to make quinoa breakfast bake:
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (minus the cranberries) and pour into an 8×8 baking dish.
At this step, add the cranberries in. By adding them last, this ensures that they are equally distributed.
Bake 375 30-35 minutes.
Note: When the breakfast bake is ready to be taken out of the oven, it might look liquidy – as in the recipe didn’t turn out right. This is expected! It firms up as it cools, I promise!
How to make yogurt topping:
While the breakfast bake is baking, make the vegan orange yogurt topping. Combine orange juice with vegan yogurt (I used Kite Hill plain yogurt). Since vegan yogurt is typically thinner, this topping will be pourable, similar to an icing!
Serve the quinoa breakfast baked topped with yogurt and some extra orange zest. The best part about this recipe is the leftovers keep all week so you can have a healthy breakfast on hand!
How to reheat breakfast bake:
Make sure to keep the yogurt topping and breakfast bake separate. Microwave the breakfast bake for about 1 minute then top with the yogurt last.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for a weekday breakfast (for my meal preppers out there) or even a brunch. The flavor combo of orange and cranberry is to die for as well!
If you tried this vegan quinoa breakfast bake, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Orange Cranberry Quinoa Breakfast BakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 Tablespoons water.)
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1+1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
Vegan Orange Yogurt Topping:
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt I like Kite Hill plain
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make flax eggs: Mix ground flaxseed and water in small bowl and place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Add flax eggs, quinoa, oats, coconut, orange juice and zest, almond milk, coconut oil, baking soda, and maple syrup to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 inch nonstick baking pan. Add cranberries on top.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes. Note: The breakfast bake will look super liquidy when done baking. This is expected! The bake firms up as it cools.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes. Serve with yogurt topping. Leftovers keep for 3-5 days. Store yogurt topping and breakfast bake separately.
Make Orange Yogurt Topping:
- Whisk together all topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust if necessary.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!