Coconut that tastes like bacon?! Oh heck yea! Learn how to make this delicious crispy coconut bacon recipe; perfect for salad toppers or snacking.
Coconut bacon… I’m either a genius or insane. You be the judge!
Coconut bacon is a great plant-based recipe that has the smokey and sweet flavors of traditional bacon without any animal products. The texture of toasted coconut flakes makes the best crispy bacon texture too, making this recipe worth drooling over.
Ingredients in coconut bacon
- Coconut flakes (Bob’s Red Mill or Trader Joe’s are my favorite brands)
- Liquid smoke
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
How to make coconut bacon
- Mix together the coconut flakes, tamari, maple syrup, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar, and paprika
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes
Tip: You want to mix the coconut baking frequently to prevent burning
What to eat with coconut bacon
Coconut bacon makes a healthy salty and crunchy vegan snack on its own. Coconut bacon also great on salads or even topping tofu scramble.
How long does coconut bacon keep?
This recipe will keep in an airtight container at room temperate for about a week or in the fridge for up to a month.
If you’ve ever craved bacon and don’t want to eat the real deal, coconut bacon is the answer!
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
If you tried this vegan coconut bacon, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Try topping a vegan cobb salad with coconut bacon!
Easy Coconut Bacon RecipePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together coconut flakes with coconut aminos, liquid smoke, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and paprika.
- Spread coconut onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 17 minutes; stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!