No-churn banana nice cream is what dreams are made of. Frozen bananas and creamy coconut milk make up the base and its jam-packed with chocolate chips and nuts! Best part is all you need is a food processor and five ingredients to get the job done. Enjoy ice cream without the guilt this Summer!
What is banana nice cream?
Perhaps you’ve heard the term before, or maybe you just think there’s a typo, but NICE CREAM is a thing! It’s a delicious vegan substitute for ice cream and instead of cream, we use frozen bananas. The banana base turns into a creamy, indulgent ice cream that is totally dairy-free AND healthy!
But of course, I don’t stop there. In this nice cream recipe, I add cold coconut milk for extra creaminess (and healthy fats).
How to make nice cream
This recipe requires (a little) prep work but I promise you its worth it.
- Place ripe bananas slices into the freezer
- Add a can of coconut milk to the fridge at least 6 hours in advance, but preferably 24 hours
- Add frozen bananas, solid coconut milk, and sweetener to a food processor
- Blend until smooth
- If you have bananas going bad, freeze them! You can use frozen bananas for smoothies, or in this case, nice cream. It’s a great way to ensure no food goes to waste!
- When a can of coconut milk is in the fridge, the solid and liquid separate so you can just use the solid in this recipe. Save the liquid for smoothies, soups, or curries!
What I love most about this nice cream recipe is it’s no churn. As much as I love ice cream, I just don’t have the room for an ice cream appliance. Using a food processor or blender, you can get the job done!
Once your nice cream is smooth, you can transfer to a container (I prefer a glass loaf pan as shown below) and stir in your mix-ins!
The nice cream will be a soft consistency like a soft-serve ice cream. If you prefer a hard ice cream, you can transfer to the freezer and let sit for at least an hour before serving.
Personally, it’s good both ways. But sometimes my patients get in the way to make a hard ice cream 🙂
Get creative with your mix-ins!
If you’ve ever indulged in the Ben and Jerry’s chunky monkey ice cream you know it’s a banana ice cream with fudge and walnuts. If that doesn’t sound like the perfect flavor combo (which if it doesn’t, I’m slightly judging), once you have a smooth nice cream base you can get creative with the flavors.
- Add cocoa powder to the food processor to make a chocolate nice cream
- Stir in peanut butter or almond butter for a delicious protein kick
- Add sliced strawberries and granola for a classic flavor combo with some crunch
- Mix in coconut slices and pineapple chunks for a tropical feel
If you tried this vegan banana nice cream, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this vegan no-bake dessert you’ll love:
Chunky Monkey Banana Nice Cream
This vegan banana nice cream is so easy to make and no churn required! Packed with chocolate chips, walnuts, and a smooth banana and coconut base, this dairy-free ice cream is the perfect sweet treat!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 bananas sliced and frozen
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (can substitute with agave or honey)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
The day before: place can of coconut milk in fridge and banana slices in the freezer
Remove can of coconut milk from fridge and open. Scoop out solid coconut milk from the top and put in food processor or blender
Add frozen bananas and maple syrup
Blend until smooth
Using a rubber spatula, spoon into a container such as a loaf pan
Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Mix well
Serve right away for a soft serve ice cream consistency. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour for a hard ice cream consistency
Serve with ice cream cones
Make sure to put the can of coconut milk in the fridge and banana slices in the freezer in advanced! Preferably the day before.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!