Add a bright and tangy burst of flavor to simple salad greens with this refreshing carrot ginger dressing. It’s a classic no-cook vegan-friendly dressing that’s easy to make in only minutes, and will definitely take your lettuce and other favorite veggies to a whole other level of yum!
You will love this bold and refreshing classic dressing recipe that is super easy to prepare, no cooking required. Homemade carrot ginger dressing tastes just as good – if not better – than your favorite version often served at Japanese hibachi restaurants… But is ready to enjoy at home as a dressing or dip in just 10 minutes!
Ginger and carrot dressing is vegan and vegetarian-friendly, and naturally gluten-free. This recipe is also soy-free, and uses agave nectar instead of any refined sugars. It features fresh and healthy ingredients plus basic pantry staples for a bright burst of YUM you crave on crisp salad greens.
Ingredients for Vegan Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- Lime juice
- Agave nectar
- Rice vinegar
- Neutral oil – like canola, grapeseed, or avocado
- Sesame oil
Feel free to add more ginger you really love a kick of bold ginger flavor, or less to taste.
You also will need a high-powered blender or food processor to make this the easiest carrot ginger dressing recipe.
How to Make the Best Carrot Ginger Dressing from Scratch
This amazingly delicious ginger and carrot vegan dressing recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes and 3 simple steps:
- Prep the veggies. Peel and chop the carrots, peel the garlic cloves, and peel the knob of ginger.
- Blend. Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and puree. Feel free to leave as chunky or make as smooth in texture as you like.
- Taste and serve. Add more salt or lime juice if needed.
Enjoy fresh homemade ginger and carrot dressing with crunchy iceberg, romaine, or any lettuce you like. I love to add even more carrots and freshly shaved red cabbage to my salads for great flavor and texture. It even tastes amazing in a kale salad!
This dressing can also be served on the side of cut up veggies for dipping. It goes great with – of course, carrots – plus celery stalks, cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, or other favorite crisp vegetables.
Use it as a dip for sushi rolls and/or as a unique and tasty side for veggie tempura!
How to Store Homemade Dressing
Transfer the Japanese-style dressing to a container with a lid, and keep sealed in the refrigerator for up to one week.
If you tried this carrot ginger dressing let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice about the juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup neutral oil like canola, grapeseed, or avocado
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!