Buffalo chickpea salad paired with veggies and rolled into a wrap equals the best lunch! This chickpea salad is the ultimate vegan sandwich filler!
Oh hey, buffalo chickpea salad. You’re here to come show the sandwich game who’s boss. Perfectly creamy with a punch of spice, this chickpea salad is comforting yet healthy all at once.
Buffalo chickpea salad doesn’t stop with wraps. Have it on a sandwich, with crackers, or on top of a salad.
You can even have it in a lettuce wrap for a low-carb and gluten-free option!
This fiber and protein-rich recipe is beyond versatile!
Ingredients in buffalo chickpea salad:
- Vegan mayonnaise (I love JUST mayo brand!)
- Hot sauce (Frank’s in my personal fav)
- Celery – adds a wonderful crunch
- Seasonings – dill, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder to be exact
What’s great about this buffalo chickpea salad is you can make a big batch at the beginning of the week to use throughout the week. Anything that’s simple to make and saves me time during the week is a big win in my book!
Tips for making buffalo chickpea salad:
- Use a potato masher to slightly mash the chickpeas. I like to have a majority of the chickpeas mashed leaving some whole. This is the best texture in my opinion.
- Mix all the ingredients together and adjust seasonings as needed. Everyone’s taste buds are different and this is the best way to determine what tastes best to you! I personally go heavy on the dill because it’s my favorite!
How to make a wrap:
- Start by putting the fillings on the bottom edge of the wrap towards you
- Roll up once
- Fold in the sides
- Finish rolling up
- Don’t overstuff as this will make a very messy wrap! We’re not aiming for Chipotle burritos here.
- If the wrap is cold, try slightly warming it up before wrapping. This will prevent any cracking in the wrap when you try to roll it up.
A sandwich or wrap isn’t complete will all the fillers! I used lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sprouts. But you can use a combination of whatever you like!
- pepperoncini peppers
- bell pepper
- shredded carrots
- baby spinach
If you tried this vegan buffalo chickpea salad wrap, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Buffalo Chickpea Salad
Buffalo chickpea salad makes the best vegan sandwich filler! A creamy salad with a punch of hot sauce, this recipe is the best for a vegan lunch.
For Buffalo Chickpea Salad:
- 2 cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise ensure the brand is vegan
- 1/4 cup hot sauce I used Frank's
- 1/3 cup celery chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 wraps I used whole wheat
- tomato cut in slices
- red onion sliced thin
In a mixing bowl, add drained chickpeas and use a potato masher or backside of a fork to mash chickpeas. I like to slightly mash most of the chickpeas with having some in-tact.
Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, chopped celery, and seasonings. Mix well using a rubber spatula. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
To Make Wrap:
Place lettuce on the lower third of wrap. Add about 1/4 cup of buffalo chickpea salad. Top with additional toppings.
Roll wrap once. Fold in sides and wrap all the way.
Warm the wraps slightly before assembly. This will help prevent any cracks when trying to make the wrap!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!