Perfectly seasoned potatoes that are crispy and baked to perfection is PURE HAPPINESS. Pair these roasted breakfast potatoes with a tofu scramble or some avocado toast to make one delicious vegan breakfast.
Rise and shine, potato fans!
I’m typically not the biggest potato fan (I know, CRAZY). But, all those feelings go out the window with these crispy roasted breakfast potatoes.
What I learned about making breakfast potatoes is the technique is equally as important as the seasonings.
Each potato is crispy and perfectly seasoned, making this recipe one heck of a side dish.
Ingredients for roasted breakfast potatoes
- Potatoes (I used russet)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to make roasted breakfast potatoes
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes (leaving the skins on!) and place them in a mixing bowl
- Add seasonings and oil and give them a good mix
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet
How do you get crispy baked potatoes (aka prevent sogginess)
- Do not overcrowd the pan! This will make the potatoes mushy as the steam will not release
- Spread out the potatoes. This will help prevent mushiness AND promote crispy edges.
- Use an aluminum baking sheet. I find that this type of pan makes my potatoes SO crispy. The oil from the potatoes prevents sticking too!
- Mix ingredients in a mixing bowl before transferring to a baking sheet. I know, some recipes call for dumping everything onto a baking sheet and mixing with your hands. This method does not evenly distribute everything and prevents each piece of potato from getting coated with oil.
Should you boil potatoes before roasting?
Boiling potatoes is known to make roasted potatoes super crispy; however, I’ve never actually tested this theory! This sounds like extra time and extra dishes which I want none of those things. This recipe for roasted breakfast potatoes yields crispy potatoes just by doing the tips I mentioned above.
Bake them at 425 for 20-25 mins undisturbed then broil the potatoes for 5 mins to get them extra crispy!
Once they are done, remove them from the oven and immediately toss with some salt.
What goes with breakfast potatoes:
Ways to customize these roasted breakfast potatoes:
- Switch up the seasonings! Thyme, rosemary, herbs de province are all great options
- Add diced red and green bell peppers, and onions for a flavor and veggie upgrade
- Serve with a side of ketchup for a classic combo
If you tried these vegan roasted breakfast potatoes, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Best Ever Roasted Breakfast PotatoesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 pounds russet potatoes can substitute with red potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place them in a mixing bowl with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Space out the potatoes evenly.
- Bake potatoes undisturbed for 20-25 minutes. Broil for 5 minutes to make them extra crispy!
- Remove from the oven and top with some coarse salt (optional) Toss immediately and serve.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!