Fresh berries, spinach, pineapple, and avocado all covered in a perfectly sweet honey poppyseed dressing! This berry salad recipe can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes and is the perfect Summer salad!
Summer recipes are still in full swing in my house and I love a simple, sweet salad. This berry salad is beyond delicious and lemme tell you why:
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Spinach, romaine, arugula, mixed greens etc. Basically whatever lettuce you fancy
- Honey poppyseed dressing!
It’s actually inspired by a Summer salad at Panera Bread but I bet you this dressing is much better for you!
Side note, for all my vegans and vegetarians out there, you can get chicken substituted with avocado on any salad on the menu. How freakin’ cool is that?!
This salad is super quick to pull together and the dressing can be made by throwing all the ingredients in a mason jar!
How to make this berry salad
- Chop greens, strawberries, and avocado
- Toss in a bowl and mix in pineapple chunks and blueberries
- Before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat
How to make honey poppyseed dressing
- Add oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, and salt
- Shake well in mason jar
Variations of this berry salad:
- Add chickpeas, white beans, quinoa, or tofu for a healthy source of protein
- Substitute honey with maple syrup or agave if vegan
- Use kale or any greens you’d like in substitute of spinach and mixed greens
If you tried this berry salad, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this salad you LOVE this Peach Summer Salad
Berry Salad with Honey Poppyseed Dressing
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- 3 cups romaine or mixed greens chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup canned chunked pineapple chopped in half
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey can substitute with agave or maple syrup if vegan
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients for salad in a large salad bowl
- Add all ingredients for dressing into a mason jar. Shake well. You can also whisk well in a small mixing bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep 1 day with dressing or 3 days without dressing.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!