Baked zucchini fries are the perfect Summer side dish! Best of all, this recipe only requires 6 ingredients and can be put together in less than 30 minutes. Dip in a homemade tzatziki sauce for the ultimate vegan, gluten-free, and keto recipe!
Zucchini fries are one of the first things I learned to make with my mom. Really, it was just shaking cut zucchinis in a plastic bag of bread crumbs, but still. I was helping in the kitchen and I felt like a real chef.
I wanted to re-create this recipe sans egg and gluten, to give one of my childhood favorites a little health boost.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is a Summer vegetable and it is actually packed with health benefits! Don’t let the word “fries” in this recipe fool you otherwise my friends!
- Aids with digestion
- Promotes weight loss
- Lowers blood sugar
- Increases energy
Of course, some of these nutrients are lost in the cooking process, but they are baked instead of fried so we have that.
We can’t win at everything, right?
What makes this zucchini fries recipe vegan?
We are not using eggs! Eggs are typically used to help bind the breadcrumbs to the zucchini, but here we are using almond milk instead.
What makes this zucchini fries recipe gluten-free and keto?
All-purpose flour is typically used in zucchini fries to help bind the breadcrumbs, but here we are using chickpea flour instead. It sticks to the zucchini thanks to the almond milk and when baked, it becomes a batter-like texture.
How to make vegan + gf zucchini fries
- Start by cutting the zucchini in sticks and mixing with unsweetened regular almond milk
- Place in a large zip-lock bag with chickpea flour and seasonings and shake well
- Spread out evenly onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown; rotating the fries during baking
Note: If you are trying to reduce plastic usage, you can mix the zucchini fries and chickpea flour in a bowl instead!
Zucchini fries taste great with various dips and sauces, but I made a Tzatziki sauce that tasted BOMB with this recipe!
How to make Tzatziki sauce:
Mix yogurt (Greek or a vegan brand for a vegan version), garlic, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
Link to the full recipe is below!
- These vegan zucchini fries would taste great paired with a vegan burger for a complete, plant-based meal.
- Pair with a big salad for a healthy meal
If you tried this vegan zucchini fries recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you liked this recipe, you’d love my 4 ingredient baked avocado fries!
Baked Zucchini Fries (Vegan, GF, Keto)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut zucchini into fries and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour almond milk on top and mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Combine chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings into a large zip-lock bag and add zucchini. Seal bag and shake well; until all zucchini fries are evenly coated
- Distribute evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with homemade Tzatziki sauce (recipe below)
To make the Tzatziki sauce, I used this recipe. I used Greek yogurt, but feel free to use a vegan Greek yogurt to make this dip 100% vegan!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!