A holiday with the nickname “turkey day” doesn’t sound vegan-friendly right off the bat! But plant-based eaters don’t have to skimp out on the most glutenous holiday of the year! Whether you are attempting an all-vegan spread or accommodating a fellow vegan in the friend circle or family, this list of vegan Thanksgiving recipes is sure to give you some inspiration!
When I think about a vegan Thanksgiving, the first thought that comes to mind is “how do you substitute a turkey?”
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because of the FOOD! Don’t sacrifice a good feast on the account of not eating animal products.
This list offers plenty of main dish options – as well as delicious sides and desserts to complete the vegan Thanksgiving.
I’ve organized this list from appetizers to desserts just in case your brain organizes food like that too 😉
20 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes:
1.Vegan Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels by Elephantastic Vegan
These adorable pinwheels are filled with pumpkin and make the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving
2. Vegan Charcuterie Board by Plant Philosophy
Keep your friends and family munching with this charcuterie board. Loaded with veggies, fruit, nuts, vegan cheeses, crackers, and spreads.
3. Scalloped Potatoes by Nora Cooks
Potatoes are an all-around crowd pleaser for Thanksgiving and these scalloped potatoes are no exception! This is the perfect dish to play the “I can’t believe this is vegan” game.
4. Butternut Squash Au Gratin by Food With Feeling
This side dish recipe is a great way to use butternut squash. Plus, who doesn’t love a dish baked with breadcrumbs?!
5. Spicy Bourbon Glazed Carrots by The Chunky Chef
Simply substitute the butter for a vegan brand (such as Earth Balance) and you have yourself a super bougie side dish!
6. Twice Baked Sweet Potato Casserole by The Mindful Avocado
Baked sweet potatoes topped with a sugary, cinnamony pecan topping? Sign me up!
7. Green Bean Casserole by Hummusapian
Green bean casserole is one of my top favs for the holidays. I love this vegan version!
8. Simple Vegan Stuffing by Minimalist Baker
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without stuffing just like a vegan feast wouldn’t be complete without a Minimalist Baker recipe.
9. Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes by Mindful Avocado
These mashed potatoes feature chunky red potatoes and tons of roasted garlic. YUM!
10. Vegan Gravy by Loving It Vegan
Because mashed potatoes wouldn’t be complete without a vegan gravy.
11. Vegan Rosemary Biscuits by Mindful Avocado
These biscuits have all the buttery, flaky flavor of a biscuit while still holding it’s dairy-free status.
12. Vegan Lentil Shephard’s Pie by Delish Knowledge
This comfort English classic makes the perfect Thanksgiving main dish
13. Easy Cheezy Tofu Loaf by Woman in Real Life
Move over Tofurkey, we got a homemade tofu dish that’s perfect for the Holidays.
14. Stuffed Acorn Squash by Running With a Skirt
Loaded with farro, cranberries, and walnuts this dish just tastes like Thanksgiving.
15. Vegan Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells by Love & Lemons
Pasta as a main dish for Thanksgiving? Yes, Please! These squash stuffed shells are perfect for Fall dinner.
16. Stuffed Roasted Butternut Squash by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
This recipe looks like all my favorite things rolled into a squash! Perfect for a vegan Thanksgiving entrée
17. Vegan Pecan Pie by Namely Marly
There’s something about pecan pie that is so comforting and this vegan version looks like the perfect dessert recipe for Thanksgiving.
18. Vegan Apple Spice Cake with Maple Buttercream by Hot For Food
I think it’s in the name how insane this cake recipe is!
19. Chai Spiced Mini Pumpkin Pies by Mindful Avocado
These perfect bite-sized desserts are the best for a delicious vegan dessert. Plus, Thanksgiving isn’t complete without pumpkin pie!
20. Cinnamon Baked Pears by Jessica in the Kitchen
These baked pears look divine and are the best way to end a Thanksgiving feast!
There you have it! 20 recipes to inspire you this Thanksgiving