It’s officially berry season and I couldn’t be more excited. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries are some of my all time favorite fruits. Maybe because it means Summer is here, but berry season is always one of my favs. This triple berry oatmeal bake is for sure a healthy vegan breakfast option and it’s a great recipe to make ahead for weekday meals or for a nice weekend brunch. Unlike most traditional breakfast bakes, this recipe adds a layer of granola on top and lots of nuts to add a delicious crunch.
Oatmeal is an excellent source of healthy carbs and if I’m totally honest I eat them practically every morning (I am after all a creature of habit). My usual go to is overnight oats, but I decided to change things up and make an oatmeal bake. It’s subtle with the sweetness and contains healthy ingredients such as coconut oil, flax seeds, pecans, maple syrup etc. Basically where I’m getting at is this recipe is a wholesome meal and you don’t have to eat junky to eat foods that taste good. All whole foods going on here and a whole lotta flavor. Not to mention it’s vegan and gluten free. Let’s get to it!
- 2 flax eggs* (can substitute with egg if not vegan)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted (can substitute with butter)
- 2 cups mixed berries (I used frozen)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted (can substitute with olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make flax egg by combining flax seed and water (see notes). Place in fridge to set.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats, pecans, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil
- Fold in berries
- Pour mixture in 8 by 8 square inch pan
- Using the same bowl, add all the ingredients for granola and mix well
- Add granola to top of pan
- Bake for 24 minutes
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 10 minutes to get granola more crispy
- Serve warm
This recipe was loosely adapted from this oatmeal bake by Cookie and Kate!
Give this triple berry oatmeal bake recipe a go and I promise you will not regret it. Let me know in the comments below how it turns out!